Have a funny feeling about LSU, USC, UF & OU BCSNC Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

It is still early in this strange season. The first BCS Poll is not out yet and who knows how the computers will rank the teams. LSU is 3-0, with two shutouts. We have a big game coming up with South Carolina and that is my main concern this week. It sounds like we will be without the services of Doucet (lots of good young players to step up – just hoping the do).

Just remember, it is a long season – look what has happened so far – Michigan is 1-2, Notre Dame is 0-3, UCLA and Georgia both got shocked in games they were supposed to win. Georgia Tech looked good (we thought) after the Notre Dame blowout, but BC put a damper on their season. Texas is struggling in games it was supposed to win with ease and it looks like Tennessee may have run up the white flag on the season. Auburn and Arkansas have traditionally been our big competition in the SEC East, but both look questionable after last weekend.

Let’s not borrow trouble, and just enjoy the ride for now.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

2. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Thanks, I tried to correct it but the edit function would not work properly.
    :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i started physical therapy this morning and everyone there (both patients and therapists) were ou fans, except for me and my physical therapist. (she is from br, her husband and lsu alum, and they have season tix for lsu football).

naturally, a nice discussion started on this very subject as she finally had someone on her side. one of the therapists, was about the most realistic i have seen of ou fans. he said if ou and lsu were to meet an the nc game again, that ou would get killed. the other ou fans couldn't believe it what he said, and it was kind of fun to watch them turn on each other while my pt and i just sat there laughing, talking about the game against mtsu, and thowing out stats ocassionally to further the argument of why ou would get killed.

it made my appt fairly tolerable.:hihi:

4. psulions2007

psulions2007 Founding Member

You would have to depend on either Missouri, Texas A&M, or Missouri Part II/Nebraska for OU to lose off. I think they are a good team, but I also think they are a bit higher ranked than they should be.

Current Top Teams From Each Conference:

ACC: Boston College (GT out after the weekend)
    Big 12: Oklahoma (NU out after the weekend)
    Big Ten: Penn State/Ohio State
    Big East: West Virginia/Rutgers/Cincinnati/South Florida
    Pac 10: USC/UO (I have to throw UO in there, just simply by the way they are playing)
    SEC: LSU/Florida

Watch each of these teams for your BCS teams. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Definitely not.
    If USC, OU, and LSU go undefeated, I think OU is left out.

My comment at the end of the post "They aren't over ranked IMO. But the only tough game will be UT and they look terrible. They shouldn't have any problem going undefeated. They have a clear path to the NC game. USC, UF, and LSU are fighting for the 2nd spot in that game", is assuming that USC, UF, and LSU all have one loss.

IMO, OU has to be undefeated to go to the NC game and it's opponent will have 1 loss. If all are undefeated or all have 1 loss, OU gets the shaft.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Can I use this physical therapist? Sounds like a fun atmosphere getting OU fans to turn on each other. Just don't wear a Texas jersey in there. Better yet, I dare you to wear a Texas Jersey in their and see if they get it. You could also wear a cup for good humor points from an LSU fan. Then again you might need the cup :hihi:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Consider this...

LSU or Florida lose to each other in a close one...doesn't matter which. Now USC loses and we or Florida is #1 and the other, with help, one becomes #2...

So the SECCG pits #1 against #2...and whoever wins plays the loser in the NCG because no one else has less then 2 loses? Far fetched? Delousional?

:hihi:

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

OU should beware of the Golden Hurricane:eek:

9. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Highly unlikely considering west and east coast bias. USC will have to lose more than 2 games to get people off their bandwagon. The media claims USC has tough schedule because they play mediocre overrated Nebraska team on the road. The husker's wouldn't score on LSU defense. West coast media does not review SEC games. ESPN made no note of LSU shutting out and shutting down offense that 550 yds on Louisville defense. But they continue to speak highly of Big Least conference.:yelwink2: