"Hate Crime"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

They seem to have corrected the pictures. When I tried your link the thugs' (anything wrong with me using that term here @MLUTiger ?) pictures were on the top and the family properly identified.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's because the link goes to the actual story....I cut/pasted the headline/picture/link from the main page.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would these 4 scumbags have beaten up the same kid if he had been black? "Special needs" kid, easy victim for young bullythugs. Probably would have done the same thing, but if you beat up somebody the same race as you it's not a hate crime.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well after reading all the details and seeing how this started reinforces what said cause this, to me, ain't not "Hate crime." Based on that snippet we saw it was CLEAR to me how people would think it was but if you read the link below, it didn't nearly start out the way I bet youn thought.

Was it a terrible act? No doubt. Hate crime? No way. It started out as a sleepover.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/4-suspects-attack-mentally-disabled-man-due-court-061400705.html

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You don't think that them torturing and forcing him to say "say you love black people" doesn't make this a racially motivated crime?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Are you fucking kidding me? Doesnt matter if its a hate crime or not you seem to making lite of it because "of the way it started out". These racist scumbags lured him to their house to torture and humiliate him because he was white. He was mentally disabled and they preyed on him like fucking jackals. Had not the police came by I honestly believe they would have tortured him to death. Had that been a kid that was in my family I would go "slingblade" on their asses.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I've never been comfortable with how 'hate crime' works. Its usually an add on to another crime, but it seems like the system already has the ability to take it into account with sentencing guidelines and the like. It seems superfluous.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nah. When we hammer others we always attack differences. Calling Terry a grump, etc.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

But none of us would ever torture the dude while doing it. And if we did we would because he is a holier than thou douchebag not because he is a Gump.

Winston1 likes this.