Hatch Out due to leg injury

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 28, 2008.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's been confirmed by WAFB that Hatch definitely will not play this Saturday.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Nothing but bad karma this year. Calgon take me away.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know he was walking after the game but I am hearing it is a hairline fracture. Sounds about right since he was walking on it.

4. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

This would be my guess, it seems it was just a matter of time. I think he would always rather run than pitch it.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I am confused. So are they planning on him taking snaps in the game -- as in we are still going to use two QB's? Or is he just taking more snaps in practice because of Hatch's injury?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

whats to be confused about? it seems hes taking over hatch's role as the running qb.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Considering he hasn't really played I wasn't sure if he could just fill and do the same things Hatch did, nor do I really understand why that role is that important.

Now for my other question. I didnt get to hear the interview so I dont understand the starting by Alabama theory. Whats the deal with that?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

some were thinking he was being groomed to replace jarret lee this season. makes a lot more sense that he's replacing hatch for now.

les being deceptive probably means hatch is hurt worse than a week or two. otherwise JJ wouldnt see the field and be burning a rs.

no clue if he can fill in and do the same things as hatch but les looks like hes about to find out.

you know the role is important for crowton to keep defenses off-balance. even if its only 5 times a game.

did you have a bad night or is something lost in translation? :lol::lol:

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Guess so. I dont have a problem with it since we have two QB's coming in next year. Of course I'd like to see him get something out of it and not just a few snaps.

I it think it is important for JJ to fill Hatch's role if he can, but it could back fire if he isn't much of a threat in the passing game. I suspect our coaches realize that.

Ive been out of it all day. I even check the thread a few times to try and figure it out but damn Grad and Cali distracted me. ;)

Thanks for the info.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well we know that his arm is better than that of a Harvard transfer. So if he is asked to make throws, he can. Can he accurately make those throws though? Well, I hope we at least get a chance to find out.

Quit checking us out. This isn't the Bama forum.