Has this LSU team quit?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 1, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Have they quit? Yes.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Several starters from last years defense are on NFL rosters and 4 of them are starting in NFL I believe. 1 won rookie of the month for September.

Arguably our best and would be most experienced WR last year left early for the draft and already got cut by the Packers.

We lost a bunch of offensive linemen this offseason Including our best lineman and potential NFL 1st round pick.

Injuries and inexperience on both lines has us majorly soft.

We have a brand new coach and offensive coordinator who can't get his system installed for "insert excuse here"

Our best 2 players and leaders on both offense and defense have been injured an ineffective the entire season

Looks like our coaches have made zero adjustments to any of the above mentioned issues.

Orgeron is the unfortunate heir. But he still isn't the right man for the job. He can't fix this.

TigerTap, tirk and Brian like this.
  3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I hope not.

4. lsu-i-like

I hoped not, but I dare not delude myself further after this weekend's disgrace. Fire Alleva (that's my new mantra to borrow Eaux's incessant Geaux Tigers subconscious technique).

Brian likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We lost some really key players. Key isn't himself, 2 offensive linemen that probably would have been starting left or got booted. We have no offensive line depth, really no receiver depth, no defensive line depth and the coaching staff is doing a poor job developing these kids and evaluating talent.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

You have to start to be able to quit.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So, how long can we continue to say that "we don't have the talent or experience" to not be dominated by MSU...or Troy? We are going to get our untalented, inexperienced heads kicked in during the meat of the SEC. And when I mention untalented, and inexperienced, I am not necessarily talking about only the players.

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That doesn't seem clear to me at all. I see something completely different: Canada trying to do what HE wants to do despite the personnel. He should be adjusting the playbook for our weak offensive line... quick slants, quick outs, trip formation screens to the wideouts, misdirection runs, and the READ OPTION with a quarterback who obviously has the brains and legs to run it.

Brian, LSU_4_LIFE, kcal and 3 others like this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Simple answer.....Yes!!!

It's impossible for our talent and coaches, even with youth and injuries to perform this bad from start to finished! A disciplined, fundamentally sound team would not get pushed around as bad as we are, so it has to be they have lost desire and are not putting any effort.

tirk likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

This one hundred times.