Has the lesson about disrespecting your opponent sunken in yet?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

The Gators felt disrespected by both LSU and Georgia and they took both teams behind the woodshed.

This lesson is now closed.

Players of disciplined programs should say very little to the media and whatever they do say about their opponents better be respectful.

Miles needs to learn this lesson as well as his confidence tends to come across as disrespectful sometimes in media interviews.

Doesn't LSU have a professor that actually teaches media smarts to other schools?

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Ar-Kansas

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I don't see anything but a revenge game from last season when we played Florida. They felt they had that game won and let it get away. The hubbub leading up to the game was difused when the offending party watched on TV.

4. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

If giving up 50+ twice doesn't teach you to keep your mouth shut, I don't know what will. We will see our team's true character very soon...

5. MoneyTiger

MoneyTiger Founding Member

I can learn 'em that much...keep your effing mouth closed- Saban put the clamps on players and assistants. Problem with Miles is he seems to get diarehea (sp?) of the mouth in front of a camera. I find he's better lately and have to admit I've enjoyed some of his one-liners but sometimes there a price to be paid for them.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

As mentioned we had a coach that didnt let his assistants or freshmen speak to the media. It wasnt always that way but he learned from mistakes. He only let a few upperclassmen that he trusted talk and he created a "one voice" approach and I think that is the way to go. You learn from mistakes...Miles will learn as did our former coach.

7. MoneyTiger

MoneyTiger Founding Member

"We're still playing for victory", comment at half- good example of how he's "different" in his choice of words.

He thinks we're controlling the tempo though. :eek: