Has LSU announced what they are doing to honor Leach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

On cue, you attack anyone who disagrees with you.
    We are all "lucky swimmers". Despite what you might think, babies don't come from a stork but are the result of a single sperm cell reaching an ovum, which then gets planted in a woman's uterus and develops into a fetus. I'm not sure how a biological fact makes anyone cold and callous.
    Whatever you do, don't change - you make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

BornOnTheBayou and shane0911 like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Dude, grow a pair. Everyone agrees that it's sad and awful that he died. But it happens to people every day. LSU does not need to 'honor' him just because he passed on. Other than our defense allowing Elvis Costello the game of his life, there is no connection to LSU. My uncle, who was and LSU undergrad and law school grad and was a season ticket holder for 40 years, has more of a connection to LSU then Leach does and LSU didn't hoor him when he died. I agree with Tiga. If he's to be honored, let the SEC do it.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nothing wrong with a moment of silence on his behalf before the next major LSU-MSU event in BR, but that won't be until the Feb. 26 women's basketball game, 2 months after his passing. If you're of a mind that women's basketball doesn't constitute a major event, then you're pushing it back to the baseball series in May. At what point do you say, its just been too long, let it go? And beyond a moment of silence, what more honor does LSU owe him?

shane0911 and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Dude, you're an arrogant douche bag! You're the guy at every gathering that is loud and obnoxious and everyone dreads seeing walk in the door. Don't worry, I won't ever change because I'm totally opposite of you and that's a good thing!

Richdog likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

LSU doesn't owe him anything, but it's called having respect and dignity for someone who has passed and is connected to LSU, whether you realize it our not. We all brag about the SEC is the best conference in the country, so that means we are all supporting each other in one way or another. As a Christian, I find it mind-blowing the amount of push back this thread has received, but I have faith and full confidence the majority of LSU fans don't feel the same way. Not one LSU fan that I know of supports your stances! I hope LSU does something for Coach Leach, whether that is a moment of silence or a sticker on the helmet.

Richdog likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

This is a weird hill to die on.

furduknfish, Herb, fanatic and 2 others like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My stance is that a moment of silence is enough show of respect for a man who has no direct connection to the university. I'm curious as to why you think LSU should do more?

BornOnTheBayou and kcal like this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

yeah a moment of silence before the bowl just to publicly pay respects to a man that impacted the sport.

other than that i don’t see it.
    and i really wouldn’t expect anyone to do anything special for us if we lost a coach either.

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No reason to take that tone, I'm sure everyone is saddened by the passing of the pirate. The fact of the matter is LSU doesn't need to do anything to "honor" him. It's just that simple.

Time to let it go

kcal and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Has any SEC school other than MSU announced how they are going to honor him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.