Harry Potter discussion for the geeks

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mesquite tiger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I wholeheartedly agree... I keep trying to get my girl to go red or blue, but she is worried about work... she is a teacher and as a teacher you never know when you are gonna get called in for something during the summer... She put on a pink wig in Spenser's one day and I had instant wood...

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

yeah, the umbridge woman was good. hard to like. and i thought the luna character was ok, i think she is supposed to be a weird spacey freak.

definitely. i remember when gwen stefani had pink hair she was a knockout.

i need to read that again, i cant remember anything, although i guess she hooks up with lupin. i would have liked to see the auror characters like kingsley shacklebolt and tonks developed. i thought charlie weasley was an auror too but i cant remember.

purple head:

[​IMG]

purple hair is always kinda sexy in my book.

(we truly are dorks)

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

This is officially the "Fetish Lover Thread for the Freaks"

4. locoguano

Charlie Weasley worked for Gringotts Wizard Bank... But he was a member of the OotP.

Tonks has always been a fanboy favorite. Now Natalie Tena (who plays Tonks) has become an internet obsession for many Potter fans.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I started to reread #6 last night - did not take long for me to get 100 pages in at all. I thought Tonks was linked to Sirius Black for some reason. I think Snape will have a weird twist in #7 now that I am rereading #6....something is odd that he was so successfully able to play both sides in this whole deal....maybe he is still OotP and Dumbledore asked him to kill him to make Harry stronger????? So many questions.......

and yes, the Tonks chick in the movie is very doable

6. locoguano

Tonks was Sirius's cousin..

Yes.. I'm a dork... no one.. and I mean no one, can beat me in trivia at 1. Harry Potter, 2. Lord of the Rings, and 3. The Sopranos... heh

7. locoguano

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

hmmmm....

too bad i don't have any pics scanned of when my hair was diff colors.

for a few years i had the combo of any or all of purple, green, and pink stripes in just part of my hair. and there was a phase where it was purple all over.

that was a looooong time ago.

now to harry potter. although i think it is wishful thinking, i am convinced that there is a way that dumbledore can be alive and him getting killed by snape was an act so that snape wouldn't be questioned by the death eaters and could be among them as a spy.

but like i said, i think that is wishful thinking since rowlings doesn't tie things up neat and all feel good like most authors would.

9. locoguano

Its simply part of the character developement from harry... First he learns the fragility of life (Cedric), then he loses his guardian and hero (Sirius), then he loses his mentor and protector... Now he has to man up and be the real hero...

10. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

Has anyone ever found a spoiler to be true? I've never read any until just now and was wondering if they have been accurate in the past.