Harry Potter discussion for the geeks

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mesquite tiger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.A.B.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I really like the movies. Have not read the books. Do the movies follow the books fairly closely?

3. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

The movies give an okay review of the books. If you wanted to start reading them you could skip books #1-3. I'd start reading book #4 because it's when the story really thickens.

I first read the book and then get the book on tape/cd. The guy who reads the books is awesome and has won multiple grammy's for his work. Books on tape are a great way to actually enjoy being stuck in traffic or a long drive.
    We're heading back to BR this weekend and i'll be listening to book #6.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

just saw the movie today - was not disappointed at all. The Professor Umbridge character was played perfectly. Not the most action packed Potter film in terms of battle sequences, and some questionable acting by the girl who plays Luna.....overall a very enjoyable movie.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i saw the movie. it is amazing how much i forget the stories after i read them. i guess it was 2 or 3 years ago now that i read this book? i dunno.

the dursley kid is as big as a house now. and i dunno how they plan on filming any more movies with the speed at which these actors are aging.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I haven't seen it yet, but plan to soon.

7. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

book #5 was by far my least favorite, but it was my favorite movie so far.

I never took time to read it a second time because I didnt like it (too sad and depressing) so it was nice to get a review via the movie.

I hear they are filming the 6th movie this summmer.

8. mesquite tiger

#6 is due out in 2008, Seven likely 2010 would be my guess. they should match in looks and age as I believe Harry will be 17-18 in #7

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i saw daniel radcliffe on jay leno the other night, he talked about his upcoming 18th birthday party. if he has two more movies i guess he might be able to squeeze em in before he is 21.

i guess the 90210 group was in high school until about 35, so if they can do it, i guess the potter kids can.

i wish the movie had more of the tonks character in it. chicks with crazy color hair are hot.

10. mesquite tiger

I agree the movie did a very poor job of developing the new characters in the OOTP like Tonks - especially given she plays a larger role in #6. You also saw a lot less of Snape in this one.