Harry Potter discussion for the geeks

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by mesquite tiger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I am rereading book 6 right now

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

count me among the geeks! can't wait!

3. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Ready to be counted, sir!

OMG, just a little under three weeks until the last book!

4. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

I have NO words to describe how happy I am that there are other people who read HP. 18 days and counting until the last book! I made the mistake of pre-ordering it- we will be in Flordia when it gets to my house. Guess I'll have to buy it twice.:)

The TF Geeks are coming out of the woodwork...

What are everyone's predictions?

Mine:
    Snape is going to save Harry. As he dies he's going to have some kind of touching moment with the kid. "I always had respect for you Potter, blah blah blah..."

Malfoy may meet a similar end- I think he'll turn good and die because of it. Maybe to save his mom.

There has to be a good guy killed....I dont know if she'll kill off Harry, Herminoe or Ron. Maybe Gennie Weasley- because it seems like it's in the cards that the poor Potter kid cant ever be happy. I say kill Nevill. He's lame.

I just dont want anything to happen to Hagrid

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The books wouldn't be worth a damn if it weren't for the humor... The 'Weaslebee' twins are hilarilous...

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I honestly do not know what to expect.....you will likely see Dumbledore in some fashion, whether as a ghost or vision in a fire telling Harry something important in a time of need (see Obi Wan Kenobi appearing to Luke in Empire Strikes Back).

Anticipate Harry will likely die with Voldemort - one cannot live without the other, or so they said. Also expect Snape to die a horrible death at the hands of an enraged Harry (see Anakin killing the Tuscan Raiders in Episode II after his mother died). I have a sneaky suspicion that Malfoy will somehow inadvertanly help Harry kill either Snape or Voldemort.

The suspense is now officially killing me.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

Single digits, people...8 days and counting for the new book

I started to read book 6 last night and had major flash backs at to the first time I read it...hands go numb because the book is so friggin huge...anyway, got tired and put it down then began thinking of book 7. Got so excited I didnt get to sleep until 2 am.

Reserved a copy at B&N in Baton Rouge so I can pick it up en route to Flordia. I'm saved! Crisis averted!

As for the movie...I've never been 100% impressed with any of them, so I'm not totally jonesing to see it.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. only the first one was true to the book. i am generally disappointed with the movies. i am gonna have to place a pre-order with amazon for the book. i cannot believe i haven't done that yet!

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

reread book 6 in four days.

who is RAB?

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

very good question - let me know if you figure it out before #7 comes out. I am actually looking forward to the movie as Book 5 is where everything sort of took of in my eyes.