Hamburger Patties on the Grill

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Aug 1, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

To me, that sounds like a great meatloaf and an over-engineered burger.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Yeah, I'm well aware. I just avoid the chuck roasts with huge chunks of it.

You don't really know what is in ground meat, which is one reason why I don't buy it. I grind a chuck roast for my ground meat. Sounds like you missed that part of my original post.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

marbling is just a term to describe the fat in cuts of meat. the more marbling the better the grade and higher the costs.

that stuff isnt wasted in your ground meat.

but yeah ive seen what goes in ground meat. all the leftover **** like bones etc. its like a beef hotdog without the casing.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Makes me laugh for someone to be so intelligent and deep while at the same time, so simple. Not simple-minded, just simple as in not high maintenance.

Red you would love camping on a sand bar along the Mississippi River. Have you ever done that? May seem off the wall but your post also jogged my memory of that grill you'd posted when I'd posted the one I had made.

One summer while I was in college, I worked in the meat dept at a Del Champs. My manager came in one day, took a knife and starting sticking green meat we'd thrown in the waste can and said, "De bone this and mix it with bull meat". The bull meat was fresh and bloody.

We're lucky to have several local butcher shops where I live (within 5 miles) and we get it freshly ground, in front of us.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I keep life as simple as possible. It's one of the most effective ways to avoid stress and a key tenet in the attainment of Maximum Slack.

I've camped on sandbars in every river and creek in Louisiana that will float a canoe.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

grilled burgers for dinner tonight. nothing but some slap ya mamma on em. dressed with the usual veggies, some mayo, and a healthy dose of tabasco, and that was some damn good eatin.

eta: reading about supa's grandfather made me think about my own. he wouldnt eat a hamburger without a some sort of hot sauce on it. louisiana hot sauce was his favorite when eating out, or tabasco at home. that is where i learned it, and i dont remember eating hamburgers without it. so much so, i keep tabasco in my truck for when i grab a burger on the go.

7. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

Had a turkey burger last night. God they are terrible.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hell I could have told you that before you wasted your time. Turkey anything other than .... well, turkey is horrible.

Remember, red meat isn't bad for you... fuzzy meat is bad for you.

1 person likes this.
  9. brjim

brjim Veteran Member

Yeah, Im with you on that. I prefer regular burgers despite how good you think your elk is. Or lamb. Or whatever.

I had a ribeye tonight to even out yesterday's fiasco.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

nicely done