Hamburger Patti Recipe

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUTiga, Jul 18, 2013.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

While I agree in principal, I believe the result is about the same. I want my steaks cooked charred rare and cringe at the thought of an over cooked steak. People that want their beef cooked rare or medium rare do so for two points: Flavor is the biggest point and moisture is the other. With a 50/50, by the addition of pork belly, flavor and moisture are achieved particularly when the burger is fully cooked. When I go there I need more napkin than what is provided. Flavor speaks for itself.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I really want one. If I had a meat grinder I would grind some bacon and make one myself.

3. CajunlostinCali

You really do not need a grinder. Just chop the bacon as fine as you can get it. Turns out that is easier (unless you are making 30 burgers) whereas less mess to clean, etc. So get you some.

I use uncured bacon so as not to over season the patty. Cured bacon simply adds too much salt.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I like a burger patty to be very simple; however, the Kroger across the street from my house makes burger patties with chunks of blue cheese mixed in. Those are amazing, and I buy them every time I see them.

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What is good is a hot roast beef po-boy with blue cheese. They used to make one at the old Library on Chimes. They called it the Blue Boy.

A friend of mine owns a food truck in Austin and her best-seller is boudin with blue cheese. She calls it Bloudin.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That sandwich sounds really good. Blue cheese is something I definitely developed a taste for as I got older. I didn't even want to try it until my mid 30's or so.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Library was great. I loved their Italian po-boys. I knew a guy who when he needed to cash a check would always cash it at the Library. His Dad thought he was spending too much money while at college but he let it slide because the thought his kid was at least spending the money on books.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Theyhad the best hot roast beef in town. My favorite was the Joe's Special, a muffaletta with hot roast beef instead of italian cold cuts. Olive mix works good with hot roast beef.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Their hot roast beef was great but I usually went to Pasquales around the corner on E. State Street for their sloppy beef po-boy smothered with gravy. The Pastime also had a really good roast beef po-boy. As of the last time I went there about 4 years ago they still did.

10. CajunlostinCali

Wow! Agreed on food twice in the same month. There is hope...

StaceyO likes this.