Gunner Kiel

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by FriedBoudinBall, Nov 26, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It was no secret that mom and dad and even uncle were still pushing him to ND or close to home the whole year and even after the commit.

2. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

I'm sure that is true, but our piss poor passing game (under JJ) and our inability to develop QBs only gave them the ammunition they needed to sway his decision.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They had plenty of ammunition before the game. Didn't stop him committing. He wanted to start his own path but had a constant battle about it from the beginning. That is where the real problem for LSU occurred.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

did our piss poor passing game, which by the way was even worse last year, keep Mettenberger, Rivers or Randall from signing with us? It's one recruit and the geography was against us from the beginning. Stop over reacting!

1 person likes this.
  5. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

It is not over reacting when you start to see your receivers jumping ship, and high profile QBs decommit. Yes, we have some great talent at QB, but if Miles continues this 2 QB bullchit we will start to see less and less of that nice new talent.

6. tigerflier

tigerflier Founding Member

Larry Coker syndrome, the wheels are starting to come off this class. Les is always good for one deer in the headlights game, but in the BCS? It hurts and recruits take notice. Losing Collins is a definite prestige blow.

7. Tiger in NC

Randle is the only receiver who is leaving and it is because he is getting drafted, which the last time I checked was a positive. Shepherd, known to be an emotional kid, made some comments and then walked them back and decided to stick around. Boone mentioned following BG to Illinois but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. All three WR's we've recruited are sticking by their committments. Kiel to ND isn't the end of the world, my friend. Just relax, we are stacked and will continue to get our share of big time qb's like Mett, Randall and Rivers.

8. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

Yep I just looked up and the sky is still there and has not fallen one bit:thumb:

9. Tiger in NC

We lose a few in state recruits every year but we also get guys from other states like Big Sam from South Carolina. Losing Collins is not a blow to our prestige. Just wait until this recruiting class is finalized and see if you still think our prestige has taken a hit.

10. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

Personally I believe RR's decision to leave had less to do with the draft and more to do with the lack of passing. Another year in college as a top receiver could have really increased his draft position. just my opinion. The fact that Shep and Boone are/were strongly considering leaving is bad.

I'm not saying the sky is falling here, but if we don't get our passing game going in the very near future we will see a slow painful death of our ability to recruit and retain great QBs and WRs. Take an extreme example: Do you think a great QB wants to go play at Ga Tech? Heck No! Not that we will ever use that style of offense, but this helps to prove my point.