Gumbo Discussion Last Night

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jun 24, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think you added that "e" because I dont see it in my original post:insane::hihi:

2. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Dan! When did you learn how to use the internet?? And edit posts? Wow! You are turning into a Renaissance Man!

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I told you I was evolving right before your eyes.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Good Lord--on the side! Rice in the gumbo. Some saltines are nice to have, garlic bread is better.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Kiwi's are double the potassium so therefore, you can get your two hours back. That is???

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

A kiwi is brown and fuzzy on the outside and green on the inside. Need I say more?

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

love eggs any way i can get em. except in gumbo. the only thing better for breakfast than a fried egg sandwich or eggs and grits would be boudin.

and to stay on topic, either way with the okra, tho i prefer without. and no tomatoes in gumbo. or eggs.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have never had egg in gumbo, but I'm willing to try it, I like eggs everywhere else. But putting tater salad in gumbo is putting mayonaise in gumbo! I can't imagine.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I never put eggs in gumbo, but have seen it done, and always understood it to be tradition with some cajuns. The potato salad thing I had never heard of until two weeks ago, when one of the ladies at our tailgate brought some home made potato salad and substituted it for the rice when eating my gumbo. I gave it a shot, and admit it was good, but really weird. It helped that her potato salad was homemade and rockin, but I was still waiting for Candid Camera to come up and bust me the whole time I was eating it.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I like potato salad with but not in my gumbo. And just to be clear the boilded eggs added to our gumbo are boiled separately, shelled, and then dropped into the gumbo completely intact same with a stew.