Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

people feitshize musical instruments. thats why people think a stradivarius is made from magic wood and sounds awesome but its been proven via blind tests that they dont. and yet the best violinists in the world still claim they are better. they are not. they cant tell the difference.

making a guitar nice is hard but people have been making awesome ones for 60 years. manufacturing processes are improved the knowledge of how to make a les paul nice isnt a secret. the profit margin on branded instruments is bonkers. some skilled chinamen can do a nice job for a 10th of the price, with only minor differences in hardware. and hardware is cheap.

the guitar slash made famous is not a real gibson either. he played a fake on appetitte for destruction.

musical instruments, and steroe equipment, and guitars, these are things that at high quality are indistinguishable from each other but you can charge 10x more and trick people who think they are sophisticated.

a nice guitar costs maybe 150 bucks in nice materials. throw in another 100 for the labor of a skilled chinaman and you are good.

people dont understand that quality labor is cheap overseas. like you can take a motorbike in with a totally cooked engine that needs a total overhaul and the lil chinamen will say oh no i have to take this thing apart and work on it for 4 days. and you will be like aww fuck this is gonna cost a fortune and then its 28 dollars and better than it was before the problem

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Your entire post is Communist propaganda. Everyone knows about the Chinese sweat shops & no child labor laws. Where you been the last 40 years? You seem very young, naive & extremely impressionable. Did you learn nothing from 2- 3 times busted Sweatshop Queen Kathie Lee Gifford?

How many Chinese guitar Luthiers can you name? There a good reason for that. Stamping out products on a conveyer belt is not building a guitar. Gibson uses CNC computerized technology to get a perfectly cut body. But after that, it goes into the hands of people that (should) know how to build guitars, despite their current rash of Quality control issues. China uses something similar to CNC, but cannot drill straight holes to save their lives. And the cutout portion is shape impropely, as seen on the video you posted, but hidden buy the red play button. It's even called a "Lazy cutout" due to the strange, mishapen hitching a ride "Thumb" looking piece. They also do not even dry the wood properly before assembling their knockoffs. And their sanding is amatuerish at best. But they hide their mistakes with cheap veneer & lotsa glue.

All in all, you spend $400 Canadian like that salesman in your video & replace most everthing alledgedly made of metal & anything like pickups ( all for another $300-$400 bucks if you go really cheap & it's still only worth under $200 dollars or less. You can buy their fancy Les Paul knockoff Chibson for $170.00- $209.00 direct right now.

Funny, it says "Chrome Grover Tuners", but they are just fakes. Nice you can pick from 1+ to 6 piece body. (1+ meaning 3 piece of course)

https://m.dhgate.com/product/custom-shop-1959-jimmy-page-number-two-jp/481625956.html?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=ac__dc&utm_term=481625956&f=bm|481625956|113003|GMC|2075001549|pla|ac__dc|US|113003009|t||1|&m=1|ff8080816bf4a444016c70798194464b|2075001549|481625956|&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6sq3rvex6gIVDb7ACh3AEAHvEAQYASABEgLo9vD_BwE#redirect_detail=PC2WAP

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    unclenick and Perple like this.
  3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

of everyone in baton rouge, i might be not only the most anti-china, i might know the most about it for anyone who isnt actually chinese or has an advanced degree in chinese studies (i have a degree in international politics). i have been to china 4 times in the last 5 years. today i got a book in the mail, it is about the cultural revolution. its a hobby of mine to think about the encroaching power of the chinese communist party. i am not only super well-read on the topic, i am vocal and frequent critic of china. i have said here multiple times that the growing authoritarianism of china will be the biggest news story of the rest of our lives.

telling me i repeat communist propaganda is like saying zion cant dunk.

my fake gibson is sweet!

5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

LMAO! Chibson no longer made from Asbestos! Swear to god!

TigerTap likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

gibson has tricked you. technology is such that building a quality guitar is fairly easy.

yunno a rolex keeps time just like a timex?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You do realize don't you that taint's imaginary friends are going to say the day thing he says

8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Perple likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

again, people fetishize musical instruments. even the best violinists in the world think their stradivarious is magic and then cant actually identify its sound in a blind test.

you are not so good at guitar that your instrument matters unless its absolute garbage. the fake gibsons, like the fake rolexes, are so advanced now that they are as useful as the original.