Guitar Players Thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Sep 21, 2017.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I did it for you, they have a seagull, a baby Taylor in breaux bridge for $200 which is a great deal, I'd buy it on principal alone and a Takamine I Walked for like 2 bills. I'd get any of those over the yamaha

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thanks. I just talked to a guy who has a Takamine EG531SC Acoustic Electric. He wants $300 or $400 with the hard case. Going to go look at it tomorrow if I have time or Tuesday. I'll offer him $300 if he will throw in the case. I played my brothers Takamine tonight. It's an exact copy of a Martin that Takamine had to stop making after they were sued. He bought his in 1983 for $400 so it's probably worth a lot more now.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  3. shane0911

They are great guitars

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I bought the Takamine. The guy wouldn't come down a dime but it plays great. Ended up buying the case for an extra $100. (ouch) but it's a case made to fit the guitar and it looks brand new. Guy I bought it from is 74. He had an old picture in a room full of guitars where he looked a lot like Buddy Holly.

Edit: I saw where one of the same model sold for $599 on eBay.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  5. shane0911

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does anybody use any kind of lyrics and chords scroller? It's very frustrating when I'm trying to learn a new song and I get the chords and lyrics from Ulimate-Guitar or eChords or one of those sites and I have to stop playing to scroll down the page to get to the rest of the song. I downloaded one called Songbook that might be pretty good but I would have to buy it to find out whether it's worth a shit. I downloaded another one called Stageprompt but the install hangs up and won't complete. Too bad. Supposed to be able to try it out first before buying.

There is a free one that works from the browser with no software to download. You have to paste some code into a text editor, then erase the Grandma got run over by a reindeer demo song and paste in your song that you copy from somewhere else. It works pretty well but it's a pain in the ass putting brackets around each chord so they get highlighted. ( [G] [D] [Am7] and so on in each place the chord appears in the text. But once you have done all that it works great but scrolling is the only feature. Songbook is supposed to let you synch the lyrics with backup tracks and do other cool stuff.

Anyway here is the link to the free one if you want to try it.

http://daltere.altervista.org/song_scroller.html

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I made this song to scroll and filmed it with my phone camera on my laptop. Pretty bad photography but you can see how it works.

8. shane0911

I don't hear a damn thing!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't record any music with it. I should have. It's a tool to scroll through the lyrics and chords while you practice so you don't have to stop and manually scroll down from some site to see them all. I had to maually cut and paste and then mess with the code just to make that one example. There are other apps that are supposed to let you search the engines for songs and chords and import them in and that will synch up with the music. The only one that might be worth a shit is Songbook. There are videos on how to use it. I might buy it. It's only $20 but the download won't let you do much of anything until you pay for it. I was hoping somebody here had it and could tell me whether it or any other scroller is worth buying.

10. shane0911

I know what it is dork, it was a joke