Guilty

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A person in the navy is called a sailor. McCain was a pilot so he didn't do much sailoring. Is an army or marine pilot still a soldier? What about an air force pilot? Is he a soldier?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yes to me they are. Soldiers with one common mission, WIN! Call them whatever you want that's your deal not mine. SOLDIERS!

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

We Marines, disagree

uscvball likes this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

So would you classify Trump as the Petrino of US Presidents?

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You just gave him an idea

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You think you are the only soldiers cause you are combat oriented. To win a battle a war you need everyone even the people who pack your parachutes to keep your ass safe in a jump. The Navy to give you a ride to the battle and the Air Force to cover your ass from above.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

you have the thickest skull on the planet...all i said is you dont call Marines Soilders and vice versa.

Winston1, kcal, GiantDuckFan and 2 others like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Thank you el00....soldiers are Army and that's about it. Soldier does not apply to Marines, Navy, Air Force, or even the Coast Guard. Try calling anyone in an elite unit a "soldier". I'd pay to watch that reaction.

Look here kiki.....I do regular volunteer work for the Marines through Camp Pendleton. One of the things we do is to "decorate" bags, posters, and cards for Marines returning from deployment. There are specific instructions for how to decorate and they come specifically from the Marines in charge. Specifically, "Patriotic theme is nice. Sentiments on bags can be: expressing our appreciation for them -welcoming them home -mentioning that they are heros -using words like bravery, courage. Please do NOT use the word "SOLDIER" on the bags!"

Navy- Sailors
    Marines-Marines
    Air Force-Airmen
    US Army-Soldiers

Students at the USNA, as John McCain was, are called Midshipmen, even the ladies. When you graduate from the USNA, you are a commissioned officer and the lowest rank which is ensign. They are never soldiers.

It's time for you to admit you were wrong on this item.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So a Navy pilot would still be a sailor and an Army pilot would still be a soldier. I always thought of soldiers as guys who fought on the ground which includes marines.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm fairly certain that Army pilots are either commissioned or warrant officers so that immediately excludes them from the soldier category. Army pilots almost always fly helos cause the Army doesn't have a lot of jets.

The same goes for the Navy. If you are a pilot, you are an officer so you would never be called by a basic enlisted name.

Soldiers are US Army enlistees. You wouldn't even call an Army officer a soldier, I don't think. West Point students are called cadets and I'm not 100% sure but as a commissioned officer graduate of West Point, I don't think you would be a soldier.