Guilty

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 21, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Doesn't matter. It was petty. I have made it very clear that I'm not a fan of McCain and yet it isn't lost on me that most of the rest of the country has a need to grieve and honor the man. Leaving the flag at half-mast until Sunday is not a big deal.

Really....you did? I think not. The USNA does not produce soldiers.

kcal likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Typical is right. We know what to expect so why is it such a big deal. Everyone making THIS big an issue of it are also being "typical" and it's getting tiresome.

It didn't trip him up. He did what he wanted. Is that a shock?

For me, a far worse problem. Consider these two comments from the New York Times, a very influential and very left/fake/lying media source....

THEN

"McCain...[is] running a campaign on partisan division, class warfare and even hints of racism.”
    —NYTimes, "Obama for President,” 10/23/08

NOW

“McCain...gave hope for the future. His example still does.”
    —NYT, "McCain, A Scarred but Happy Warrior,” 8/25/18

Seriously? Phony bullshitters should just STFU. I'll take Trump straight up.

I don't give him a pass but I also don't care at this point. But let me ask you a question. Is it just immoral when the President does it or any married man? Cause I've been reading this forum for a loooong time and when the issue of football coach infidelity comes up, nobody cares. Just win, baby!

Winston1 and Frogleg like this.
  3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I still say we should have hired Petrino back in the day in early '05. It would have always been exciting watching him really use LSU's talent.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Let's be honest....ery'body looooves them some pro football players, NBA players, etc and most of those dudes facking hate Trump but they got baby momma's all over the place, kids out of wedlock, cheating on the road. So let's not pretend that anyone is that shocked or upset about Trump cheating, least of all the lefties who cheat too!

Melania is a beautiful woman but some of the most beautiful women in the world don't always make good partners in the sack and they still get cheated on.

Frogleg likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I care. One of the few things we have some choice in, but not always, are the choices that we make in regard to morality.

I don’t believe there is a switch that one can press on or off as convenient. Right is right and wrong is wrong, whether in or out of office, or coach, or General or politician.

I am far from a saint, but I take responsibility. And, I know that when I chose to do bad things, I did so knowing I was doing wrong.

And yes, I believe the President should, make that must, be held to an even higher standard. Character matters.

Edit: if you like, search my posts. I have routinely taken the position that we should recruit high character individuals. Been blasted for it, too.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

A lot of fair comments @uscvball. However many of us condemned Clinton for his bimbo erections and Obama’s various hypocrisies so aren’t we justified criticizing Trump for his?
    Frankly one of the keys to presidential leadership is to try to lead everyone. Again Obama failed miserably and we slammed him for it. Trump is no better or worse so isn’t it right to do hold him to the same standards?
    Frankly I hold my president to a much higher standard than my football coach in general though unfortunately I’m not surprised when either has failings. It’s more important when the president lies or has failings that impact his performance.
    Don’t you think so?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

NO he is a POS and his failings have a direct impact on his performance as HC IMO. I don’t deny his offensive talent but there is so much more to being a HC and leader that a brilliant offensive mind.

kcal likes this.
  8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Winston1 likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I understand your point. However, I'm not willing to place infidelity ahead of the the progress that I believe Trump has made on a much larger scale. It becomes very difficult to start placing a morality scale on people as it will be different for everyone. Clearly something like child abuse should render someone permanently off the list for holding public office. But something like infidelity....do we say never? Or as long as a certain amount of time has passed? Or do we say a single politician who goes to prostitutes every night of the week is immoral? There is no definitive agreed-upon scale. If we take that course, we likely render our potential pool of candidates to the town of Stepford.
    Sure. I've made this about Trump though and did not make a relative whatabout regarding the other two.

I disagree. In fact, I think that approach is the quickest way to failure.

That's subjective but you are free to have your own method of standards expectations.

Everyone has failings. Is it more important for the President to be squeaky clean? I don't know that I can go there. I will say that when Bill went on national TV and said, "I didn't not have sexual relations with that woman", he literally changed the dialogue between men and women, and in a way, gave tacit permission to men everywhere to lie "just a little" and it's okay. And then of course Hillary attacked the women he allegedly raped so there is that.

However, a football coach has the ability to directly impact the lives of close to 100 young men every year for 3 or 4 years each. Sounds impactful to me and after all, parents are sending their children to these men. Not everyone votes for any specific candidate.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Spliting hairs on the soldier reference there usc to me anyone who sreves is a soldier.