Guice!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Aug 7, 2020.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe so, but this article doesn’t convince me of much except he doesn’t want to talk about his life. Convenient she lost the text. Brave that she didn’t want to be the story. And she was scared for her life... really?

The two allegations indicate alcohol was a big factor. Need to see more to condemn Guice, IMO.

tzanghi likes this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

@Rolan I didn't mean to shame any victim. I think abuse is the worst crime that can be committed because it's a lifelong sentence for the victim. If I hit a nerve I apologize.

Rolan and HalloweenRun like this.
  3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Sorry to rant on you, its not personal. Its more me being pissed off about this subject than what you said. Change takes communication and education.

I get your thought process, and I would be dishonest if I didn't think or say what you said at one point or another. I have victim blamed, I still do at times when reading stories and especially about people or men I admire. It's something I have learned and it is very hard to unlearn, this is part of the huge problem. We put to much weight on the choices the women are making, but not the perpetrators of the crimes.

My life experiences and knowing what the women in my life have gone through has really changed me and I am on the more extreme side of this subject and projecting on your comments. So no personal offense or internet outrage, just your language is victim blaming 101. And hopefully someone might get educated from my silly words on a forum. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around what women go through, but I am a bit more aware after what I have learned and witnessed. And I am trying to unlearn what I have done over a lifetime.

I am also very careful on what I say because I have witnessed multiple women go through this, and it is not easy and everything is on the guys side, everything. Everywhere they turn reinforces they are the victim, sides with the guy. Especially with what my daughter has gone through and is going through. I am telling you, I have put my foot in my mouth so many times with her, its a damn mine field and I am bad at it. Everything you say, everything we say they see and here. There is probably a women reading this and saying, see all the guys victim blaming and taking the athletes side, no point in any of it as all men are the same. And it doesn't stop at men. My daughter was rapped by her step father her freshman year of high school. I shit you not, girls at her school used that to bully her all throughout high school. Made up things about it and spread rumors about it, it blew my mind that they used this against her. I could really go on and on about this subject as I have seen some pretty shitty things and throughout this process have had so many women open up to me about what they have gone through.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Agree, consent and intent and being drunk and your state of mind all make what happened very cloudy. Rape is a very strong word and sometimes we are talking about feelings and how you feel about something after the fact which can change over time and how you replay it... but feelings are feelings and someone can feel assaulted\rapped even though that wasn't the other party's intent or state of mind or even what happened. This is where I really start to get lost and worried and confused, but this is all stuff that happens to women and men. You can agree or disagree with it and in some aspects I will agree with you, but feelings are feelings I guess.

I was talking with my daughter, and these feelings can even happen in a relationship with sexually active couple. For example you pester your women for some sex, never take no for an answer. The girlfriend gives up and consents, they can then feel assaulted later. Develop bad emotions and feelings towards the boyfriend because of these interactions and start to feel assaulted each time the guy pesters them for some sex. Sometimes the guys get forceful and just take the women after they are dating for a while, which for my daughter is a very jarring and upsetting event. Maybe some women like that force that loss of control, but some women don't and it injures them. Is this rape, is this a crime? Not a crime, but could be a rape in the women's eyes?

Dude this whole subject is a mind field and eye opening, and there is no standard, it is different for every women and man and every couple. But when my daughter was talking to me about this I was just very weirded out, one its my daughter, she is 25 now. And I have been that dude before, and did my girlfriend at the time feel that way? Just eye opening is all. I have a hard time calling some of this a crime, but for sure it probably falls into a non criminal form of rape. If the person feels assaulted or injured from it, it is what it is I guess.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Trust me @Rolan I am a victim myself believe it or not and I know the lifelong pain and therapy that goes with it. I was only wondering why a girl with a boyfriend would consent to his teammate coming over to her house that late and intoxicated. I know that no means no even if they were in the same room with their clothes off, but why even allow that situation. My post was more of a situational blame than a person blame. It was the situation that was the problem.

Goodlifetiger and lsu-i-like like this.