Guice... staying?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Dec 11, 2017.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

This... If he is told rounds 1-3 he should take it... He'll be closer to that second contract...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Love the guy but he should go. Get your money now you could blow a knee first game next year.

Bayou Tiger, Bengal B and didit like this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

If it would be me I'd definitely catch the bus.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

He won't benefit from staying, though. He's a lock to be a first round pick. Only he and Saquon Barkley are first rounders, but the league has been trending towards the run game once more and tailbacks going in the first round is becoming normal again. Look at impacts of guys like Ezekiel, Leonard, Kamara, etc.. Sure you get value in Kamara and Kareem Hunt, but the top tier backs are having successful years that were selected in the 1st round the past three drafts (Gurley, Zeke, Leonard, Christian McCaffrey).. Not a bust among them. That has helped the perception of the position. Barkley and Guice can both run and catch the ball extremely well. That's the key -- if you can catch the ball was once a bonus for a top flight back. Now it is a must. And both guys can catch the ball extremely well out of the backfield. Both have a great burst, excellent vision and drive in their legs to push piles. The only question mark would be pass protection and that will always be an issue with young backs. Guice will test well and workout great for teams and scouts.

The tailback spot is a position of a short life and the more wear and tear you take shortens your career that much more. He'd benefit to leave as soon as he can and try and get off his rookie contract into his next deal. One year added in college may seem like not much, but it's an eternity for that position and getting your more lucrative second deal if your body can handle it and earns you that.

Love Guice. Would love to have him back for another season, but I hope he goes pro and changes his life and that of his family forever. It is what is best for him, truly.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I'm sure he wants to stay, but he won't move up any higher than he is as a draft prospect. Despite wanting to stay, I don't see him staying. Too much risk and too much money to lose.