Guess who ate at the Abita Springs cafe today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

It looks like my daughter will be having an operation there in Covington within the next two or three months. I'll try to visit and taste your cuisine. You will know if I have been there. I am a "huge" tipper. I will leave an IOU on one of the table napkins.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I hope your daughter is OK and wish the best possible outcome for her.

And I take IOU's all the time...I really do, especially when someone really needs to be fed.

As for tipping, the best tip I ever got was the advice to not walk barefoot through cow pastures from one of my brothers-in-law; Manny Chevrolet who ran unsucessfully for Mayor of New Orleans for the third time in a row !!!

Can't wait to meet the Colonel and his family from Mississippi. By the way, I really hope LSUfaninMiss and her husband read this post and come to the Opry/dinner Soiree.:thumb:.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I always leave 20% with good service. As an added "tip" I usually scribble somewhere "Plant you corn early next year" :grin:

The article where these photos were lifted gave your place a very good review:

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

And I take IOU's all the time...I really do, especially when someone really needs to be fed.

I didn't mean I would stiff you for the meal.....Just leave a tip for say 40 bucks for you to pick up.....:insane::hihi:

5. stevescookin

I meant that I sometimes have customers who leave their wallet at home because they changed into other pants...or had difficulty charging their credit card because of telephone line problems, etc. I usually just tell the customers to remember about how much the bill was and pay the next time they come in. I don't think I ever got stiffed more than one time. I take personal checks and only once did a check bounce...the lady made it good, but I'm not sure if she is still a customer or not. I give food away to the Mexican guys that cut the lot next door and to a couple of other sad sacks that come by looking for work. It's a small business so it's easy to keep mental tabs on things.

Man, I hope your daughter is OK. You and LSUfaninMiss are my two favorite Mississippi posters. I got to tell you Reb, that I don't let anyone talk bad about Mississippi (or Arkansas) in my cafe...I got Mississippi's back....Heck, If it wasn't for them Louisiana would be last in everything !!!:hihi:

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Can you grab that knife outta my back?:hihi:

7. stevescookin

I forgot totally that you were from Mississippi...I should have said my two favorite posters from Mississippi south of Mc Comb.:hihi:.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

suck-up

9. stevescookin

He's a cop...."Don't taze me bro !!"...I gotta suck up.

He also gave me a ticket to the USL game last year. :thumb: (Best ticket I ever got from a cop.)

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

:lol: