Guess who ate at the Abita Springs cafe today?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by stevescookin, Apr 19, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sure, he was LSU's first black All-American my freshman year.

2. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Just left Steve's.

I went with my husband, Jared, his brother, Ryan, and another friend, Zane. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food. I'd never eaten eggs Benedict before and figured with such rave reviews, I'd give it a try. Wow! I'm a sold now, thanks, Steve! I ordered French toast, too, just in case... No need for it, but it was very good also. Jared, Ryan, and Zane all enjoyed their choices. A cheese steak omelet, French toast, and a crab omelet (which wasn't that fake sh!t either according to Zane, lol). Happy, satisfied customers all around.
    :grin:

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

It was great seeing you and Jared again. Today was pretty busy, with no Saints game today, so I was glad you guys came in at the right time after the rush. I wish we could have been able to down a few "milks" at the brew pub after we closed, but better sense prevailed. It's a long drive back to Tallahassee...so have a safe trip !!

I can't wait till the next time...we can all spend more time together then.

4. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Yeah, but I promise, we will do our best to come early for the next game we're able to make it to. We're gonna try to drive in on a Friday morning so we can be in BR by that afternoon/evening. Hopefully, we can take the tour and then hang out with you and drink our "milks." Jared and Zane both said they'd love to sit and drink with you to have the conversations that come with that, ;)

5. stevescookin

Batgirl came by for breakfast this morning. Her daughter Peyton is going to be an absolute stunner and Possible Golden Girl. She has georgeous red hair.

Batty was accompanied by her parents and grandpa...there was no sign of her Gump husband, so I'm looking forward to meeting him on the next visit.

If I remember correctly, they ordered an Abita star, a crabmeat omelette, an Alligator sauce piquante omelette, and Batty had a cream spinach and crawfish omelette. They seemed to enjoy everything so maybe they'll post here about their experience. Oh yea, Peyton had a Mickey Mouse pancake !!

My wife and my Auburn friend, Eric are painting the cafe during this week because they finished filming a Zack Ephron movie "The Lucky One" at the Lutheran church across the street from the Cafe. I'll try to post some pictures of that once I figure out how to do that. KyleK and his daughters got to pass by and see all the excitement. Maybe he can post some of their pictures here. His girls were thrilled and I arranged to get their pictures with the director....no Zack though.

I had a speaking part in the movie but the director told me that they had to write me out of the script because the movie could only be two hours long !! :hihi:

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

stevescookin, I ate at the Pub several months ago while there on business. I work for a government agency connected to St. Andrew's Village, which will be located at Abita Springs. After a meeting at Town Hall, we came over to the Pub for lunch and it was outstanding, but both my boss and I wished we were there for the evening to have a few beers! That was my first time in Abita Springs and I really enjoyed the environment. I want to bring my wife down for a daytrip but we haven't yet found time.

7. stevescookin

I remember that day. I went to school with Tommy Zahn, who was also instrumental with that project. I wish I had gotten to meet you that day.

But I own the cafe down the street. You guys ate there about a year before. You may be talking about a more recent meeting and ate at the pub that time.

8. wmcfer17

wmcfer17 Mr. Manageable

I dont have much luck like you guyz. I havent seen my idols on reality. Just on T.V, but it is okey. I dont want to become their fun forever.

9. stevescookin

Hey guys...this is a public invitation to all you people who live on the northshore (or the southshore).

Some of us are getting together at the Abita Springs cafe for breakfast and beer before the pushmow parade in Abita next Saturday. We're going to get a trailer and ride in the parade which starts at 11:00am. We'll be handing out corndogs and hot dogs in accordance with out float theme of "Tailgating with the Tigers". The corndogs are the carnival equivalent of Zulu coconuts.

The theme of the parade is "There ought to be a law." so we're going to have a drawing of Nick Saban trying to sneak across the state line into Louisiana on the back of the trailer.

The parade is a real low key event (lawn mowers, stump grinders, etc.), but it's early enough to make the New Orleans parades in the afternoon.

After the parade, Benny Grunch will be playing at town Hall which is right across the street from the cafe.

So this is the official roll call...post here if you're planning on attending. Feel free to call me (985) 867 9950 cafe...or (985) 869 3070 cell.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n4JkNryTDQ"]YouTube - Ain't No Place To Pee!!! Benny Grunch[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aysk6aY0jYw"]YouTube - Abita Springs Push Mow 2008 Mardi Gras parade[/ame]

10. stevescookin

Oh yea, I forgot. We'll have a band at the cafe on the front porch and I'm working on a mystery celebrity guest from LSU.