Groupme

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUTiga, Aug 4, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

How many of these are y'all on. I've been added to some but ended up leaving all but two and may still leave one.

I hate thinking I have to check t see if someone left me a message and I worry about someone waiting for me to answer- even thinking I may have read it and didn't answer. Crazy, I know, but just me.

This forum is like a big grouome, sorta. In fact, to be honest, I'd pretty much made up my mind to hang it up here and shane sent me a text saying this user was unbanned so I came back since I had a lot of time on my hand this summer. I honestly thought I would have left years ago and not sure why in the hell I didn't but that's another thread.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm in or was in a few but they were all for Hayden's baseball or basketball teams. Pretty easy way for the coaches to communicate with all the parents and not via group text which is a pita.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I wanted to read endless streams of drivel by total wackos I would just look at my twitter feed more often.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Tiga said,.. I'd pretty much made up my mind to hang it up here and shane sent me a text saying this user was unbanned so I came back since I had a lot of time on my hand this summer. I honestly thought I would have left years ago and not sure why in the hell I didn't but that's another thread.

:cool: yep, this place will wear on ya and maybe make you mad,.. it's easy to stomp off and leave,.. but it's hard to stay away for long.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Bengal B likes this.
  5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Hey Guys...I know I wish I could post more. Hope all of you are doing well.

Groupme is a great in my opinion. Usually in large group threads like for Fantasy Football or for some sports leagues I play in. I have the sound notifications off so I am not getting bothered during work or whatever and still have visual alerts to check later. I don't have the luxury of being able to do that for normal text for work or from the wife so it gives me some relief in the number of text I get that have to be attended to right away.

The other positive is that you can add people to the conversation and they can get caught up on all the old text from before they were added.

I believe it can also be used for free when traveling internationally or on a cruise, etc...

LSUTiga and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. shane0911

You are right

You should post more

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I wasn't mad or anything. Just a matter of using time more wisely and doing something constructive. Problem is, you good people here have become extended family- for better or worse. lol

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I am in only for the Texas Academy of Audiology Board. We use it when trying to communicate when setting up our conference

9. shane0911

You mean I did something right?

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I dunno, but Tiga said that not me

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.