Greg Williams getting ripped

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It's stupid, really. Gregg Williams didn't inform the Colts of anything that they didn't already know was coming. It's all B.S. to get you to keep clicking on their webpage and watching/listening commercials.

What next? The Colts DBs feel disrespected because Brees says that he expects to have an opportunity to go pass-for-pass with Manning?

2. tigerbait86

tigerbait86 Veteran Member

some of the conversation word for word!
    Greg williams: “This guy’s got a great clock in his head. The big thing is that he throws the ball so early that we’re going to have to do a good job of finding ways to get to him and when we do get to him we’re going to have to make sure he gets a couple ‘remember me’ shots when we get there ...”
    Then, when asked about his players worrying about incurring 15-yard penalties for hitting Manning, he added this:
    “Here’s the deal. When you put too much of that type of worry on a warrior’s mind, he doesn’t play all out. If it happens, it happens. And the only thing you’d like for me to say is that if it happens you hope he doesn’t get back up and play again.”
    Saintslogo
    The media took what they wanted out of that conversation and left the rest out!!! He clearly said thats what the analyst wanted to hear him say!!! One of greg williams's favorite quotes " You got helmets and pads for a reason! Anyone who plays under me better use them!" Football is a contact sport Warner got hammered on clean hit! With Favre 1 out 15-20 hits the saints got on him was illegal it's gonna happend. Why the media isnt talking about the call when they called back the darren sharper pick against arizona because a saints defensive player's pinky grazed kurt warners helmet?!?!

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I've always hated Manning for this very reason. Next to Delhomme, he's the biggest crybaby pu$$y in the NFL that loves to throw his teammates under the bus.

I remember quite a few years ago, prolly while Mora was the coach, when the Colts went one and done in the playoffs. Manning had his usual bad "big" game performance and pretty much blamed the o-line for their loss that day. Ever since then I've hated him.

I know Peyton has a ring, thanks to the fact that Lovie Smith and Rex Grossman were on the other sidelines, but he's not a great "big" game QB. Can't wait til he proves it again this Sunday!

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

of course there are disputes on the sideline and stuff gets heated. Do you really think Peyton Manning is an ass? Who do you think is a good guy? Michael Vick? Gilbert Arenas? I hope we kick his butt Sunday but to make a personal attack against a guy like Manning is crazy. He's a class act and we'd be lucky if they were all like him.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

you have to have backup information to qualify statements like this. Manning picked the Jets secondary apart in that game. It doesnt take long for the guy to figure out the majority of defenses in the league.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it was a stupid thing to say also, the Super Bowl is going to be littered with yellow flags now, and the league will be in "protect a peyton" mode. Anything that is even remotely marginal will be called.

I mean we all know that coaches stress hitting the quarterback, so its not like what he said needed to be said. Do i think he is wrong, no, but tell your players that, not the media.

7. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Have you followed Manning's career at all?

In college he couldn't beat Florida.

In the NFL he couldn't beat the Pats until his Super Bowl season. And even that year Manning had a medicore playoff performance. The Colts have been one and done in the playoffs like 6 times. They were 8-9 in the playoffs coming into this season.

Im not saying he can't win a big game, just he doesn't do it very often. When it comes playoff time he's not the same. Hopefully that continues this Sunday.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

These are overwhelming facts to support the fact that he indeed not a big game QB. His QB efficiency rating is well below his career regular season average and he has had few great games in the playoffs.

He beat Rex Grossman for God's sake.

He went up against the 2 weakest teams on the AFC side of the ledger (yes the Jets were not that great, the Chargers just suck in the playoffs, it's what they do).

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

further proof...the only team the Charges can beat in the playoffs, the Indianapolis Colts.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Followed his career enough to know that he is just about a walk-in for Hall of Fame some day. Maybe he did get on the ol at times. It is their job to keep defenders off of him and let him do his job. He can't do his job if they don't do theirs first. I have a feeling he knows who is playing well on their line and who is not in any given game.

How many people did beat Florida back then? Seems like Mr. Spurrier pretty much controled the sec in those years. Ask Fulmer about him.

Seems like I remember a Tenn/Fla game where Tenn was blowing the Gators out in the first half. Then it flip-flopped the second half and Tenn lost. Hint: Manning did not play one defensive down. :thumb: