Green trout

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you ever just sit back and order a pizza?

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Do not disrespect the largemouth Bass by calling them green carp, they are Largemouth Bass, and Louisiana has the #1 rated Bass lake in the nation in Toledo Bend.

3. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Who said anything about a carp? They'll always be a green trout to me.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. jvalhenson

They don't deliver out here but yea occasionally pick one up on those ball game nights

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

You're right, brain fart to fingers when typing that. Still, respect the bass. :)

6. jvalhenson

For whatever reason if they come from a lake, well up river or a stocked type pond they are a bass....if they come from the bay, bayou, or brackish parts of the river they are a green trout. Since the only "stocking" we ever did was catch them in the bayou and put em in my pond from there these are green trout

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I haven't done any Bass fishing since the end of May. Prior to that I was out 4-5x wk, work kind of took over, hoping to get back out when the temps start cooling and the big girls are feeding on shad.

8. jvalhenson

Yea like I've said I ain't no bass fisherman. I can catch em beating the banks fishing dummy proof baits rattle traps topwaters lizards worms spinnerbaits but as far as truly targeting big bass nah that's not in my wheelhouse. Biggest bass I've "caught" were by sittin on a high bank watching a sandbar and shooting them with the -06 as they swam across on the creek behind my house. But I've got some big ones doing that which I'm sure the real bass fisherman hated ha! But that's on private property on a non-navigable waterway so no one else getting to those anyways.

Bengal B and GregLSU like this.