Green trout

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 18, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

kept seein bass busting while we were bream fishing and like Ive said before ain't no bass fisherman but when they hittin like these were it don't matter. Think I fished about an hour for 12 from .5 to 3lbs. Lost prob that many more little treble hooks on rattle traps didn't want to stay stuck. Bad pic but it's all I got for now.
    [​IMG]

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Is this at your pond?

3. jvalhenson

4. jvalhenson

But that aint the norm. They usually a lot harder to catch than that. Pond has shrunk way up though beavers done messed it up and blew the dam out so it's draining we just catching as many out as we can before it gets to low. Not gonna fix it till after the winter. Beavers even though they messed it up they keeping just enough water in it to be ok for the fish but this winter it's so shallow I imagine they gonna mostly freeze.

5. jvalhenson

not a stocked pond or anything though so not really out anything on the fish. Just a cattle watering pond(horse now) fish just find their way in. Def be out some one the fixing the dam though thats gonna be on the pricey side prob take 10-20 load of dirt but I think they can use dirt we have on site here still gotta pay to get someone to come do it though. Dont have the equipment for this job.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I would try and fix it before winter. If your fish die this winter, it will take a long time to get the bass back to 3+ pounds.

7. jvalhenson

honestly not worried about the fish at all. we just gonna catch as many out as we can and first hard freeze go scoop whatevers left. def not worried about the bass all I care about in fresh water is the white perch, redbellies, shellcrackers and other panfish. Gotta have time to gather up the funds too I imagine its gonna be more than a few bucks even though it really is not much work for the right equipment. Day-day and half job at most.

8. jvalhenson

Spread out pic. Top 2 smaller ones were the ones my boy caught bream fishing [​IMG]

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

3-4 yrs. They grow fast, depending on water temps and other factors.

We had a 10 acre stocked pond once. What takes long for the bass is that you don't stock them until a year after the other fish cause the bass are at the top of the food chain and will eat them. Pretty sure they'll even eat younger bass.

jval, I don't know how in the hell you don't get tired of eating fish. You realize there are other things to eat? Throw some got dam yard birds in the oven or maybe a casserole?? I need to send you my wife's recipe for black eye pea casserole. Your family has to have surpassed the safe lead levels from fish consumption.

10. jvalhenson

There's no shortage of all of it around here. Grandma made sure all the younger females know how to cook it all. She still teaches em new stuff to cook regularly though. One of those I've taught you everything you know....but not everything I know deals.

LSUTiga likes this.