Greedy Williams Declares for NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Dec 2, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d have the same questions about any player. Not sure how local folks responded to McCaffery.

It’s probably not a big deal for draft prospects; he doesn’t have much more to prove collegiately. It might factor into my decision making process, but probably not much.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yes this year will probably be a record number. But after the fournette and McCaffery backlash no one cared last year. It's just the norm now. Both went top 10 also so it certainly didn't hurt them.

Saquan played last year didn't he. So some still will but most will protect their family and listen to their agent. I get it. I just don't like it.

Brian, GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes to all of it. Have you noticed over the last few years, that more and more players announcing their college choice are saying they will, "spend the next 3 years at...."?

There is an uncomfortable irony for players when someone like McCaffrey for instance, is expected to stay but isn't allowed to film a commercial for Hyundai even though they sponsored the Sun Bowl and everyone else makes bank. The best players in the final 4 and a handful of others in good bowls are going to do this every year.

Brian likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I'd take the one who was smarter, highly organized & doesn't take unnecessary risks. "Fan favorites" rarely fit that bill. EX: " I'd pick Sam Montgiomery way before Mingo" - Tigerfan.com 2013

Reality:
    1st round. Mingo still in the NFL 6 seasons later.
    3rd round Montgomery played almost 1 NFL season on 2 different teams. Plus a few practice squads trys.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Of course we are concerned because it affects us on the field, but by the same stretch, I can't blame the player for doing what they think is right. They don't owe LSU anything. LSU makes millions because of the players on the field. That scholarship is pennies compared to what the university makes off the football program...the players should do what they think is best and we should respect them for it, even if we are concerned that it may affect us on the field

LSUTiga, lsu_dane, Brian and 2 others like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

When it is his contract year and your team is chasing a Super Bowl, not some concern he might “save” himself? Not really apples to apples considering he’s going from 0-1M now vs 10M-20M, but just a slight concern for me. And like I said, slight.

I want the guy who loves football. Of course they both do, but one isn’t even thinking about the money.

7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

His decision at the end of the day regardless of circumstance. In no way should anyone be upset. Those are the people that are selfish.

cul2969, LSUTiga, lsu_dane and 4 others like this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

furduknfish, cul2969 and Brian like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I read that too. I don’t see how anyone can have a problem with someone else’s decision about their career. Everyone has an opinion but no one knows what could happen in that game. Fournette also had injury issues too, Greedy has played through injuries this season because he was the only corner for like 3 games and we only had 2 others. He’s earned this in my opinion.

Sucks for LSU, but the show must go on and you better find some corners before the bowl game. No Greedy, no Fulton, I think Joseph redshirted don’t know if he still has playing time with the new redshirt rules. What’s that leave us? Vincent was hurt don’t know his status, he will probably be a go though. Terrence Alexander, he is the dude that did his best Demetrius Hookfin impersonation in the last quarter of the A&M game. Kirlin maybe? Does Netherly get a shot? DBU is looking like DBPoo for this bowl game. At least we still have Delpit at safety and Todd Harris has played really well too, it’s just corner that is lacking big time.