Greatest Albums Ever

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

In no particular order:

The Beatles - Abbey Road
    The Doors - The Doors
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
    Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
    Tool - Lateralus
    Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but oh well..

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That album is so awesome. I once got to talk to Cedrick Bixlar about their friend that was the basis of Cerpin Taxt.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Crawfish veteran eh ? You remember when is was literally partying in the streets. Man I had so many fun times @ the festival, I really miss those days. Like the time my friend went into one of the port-o-lets and we tipped him over. There are too many stories to tell. Yeah we probably did cross paths. I don't go anymore. Now that its in "the park", its not nearly as much fun.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Okay Red. Still don't know if my LP is numbered. The inside of the album sleeve has "SWBO 101" printed on it. The vinyl itself has this etched into it as well as "G-103" between the last track and the label in the center of the LP.

I believe the official name is "The Beatles". This is what is on the album label. According to "The Beatles Recording Sessions The Offical Abbey Road Studio Notes 1962-1970" by Mark Lewisohn at p. 135 for May 30, 1968 states "Sessions for that double-album - released on 22 November, as simply, The Beatles but more commonly known today as the 'White Album - began on this day at Abbey Road..." There you have, as official as I can get. Go Tigers !

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The first 3 million White Albums sold had "The Beatles" embossed and each album was individually numbered with a black stamping machine. Low numbers can bring thousands in mint condition. Later prints dropped the numbers and by 1975 the embossed album was replaced with "The Beatles" in gray lettering. In 1980 I got an embossed copy on white vinyl -- pretty damn cool to pull out and play.

I can only quote Macca himself on the Anthology video, responding to suggestions that the album might have been better as a single disk. "It's the bloody Beatles White Album, OK?"

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yes been a few times, I don't know any of the old gang that I used to run with that goes now that it's in the park. Those days of it being in the street were something else, man, really good times.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Virtually all my top 5, 10 and even 20 has been mentioned but here are 5 strong favs of mine that I havent seen posted yet.

- Bob Seger, Night Moves
    - Little River Band, Little River Band
    - SuperTramp, Crime of the Century
    - Queen, A Night at the Opera
    - Doobie Brothers, Toulouse Street

1 person likes this.
  8. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

You, sir, are one lucky mofo..I guess the only thing I can throw back is that I met Les Miles and got his signature on a picture :hihi:

But I love the Volta, the new CD is amazing as well, definitely better than Amputechture.