News Great Replacement

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by XXL TideFan, May 19, 2022.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i see. and this board of disinformation, your position on it is that you dont care, isnt that correct? you mysteriously have no opinion on things the left does that are horrible. correct?

see how i ask questions and allow you to clarify? this is the opposite of a straw man, its a kind and polite request for clarification.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

"Horrible" is your characterization, not mine. I sincerely doubt that it's either horrible or harmful.

What specific legal and administrative powers does this proposed Board of Disinformation have that you deem "horrible"?

I'm chuckling here because you're so overmatched it's funny.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well your "sincere doubt"s are noted. let us know if you ever have the balls to have actual opinion on anything.

it doesnt need specific powers to be harmful. just giving its opinion is terrible. i dont care about the govt opinion on disinformation.

for instance, when the lab leak theory was deemed untrue and racist, it was to some extent banned from discussion on social media platforms. as you know, the virus killed millions. but discussion of its origins were banned. because various powers deemed it to be false and racist and causing hate crimes. so an important world changing event, we cant discuss it on social media, the global idea town square.

the hunter biden laptop was deemed "russian disinfo" by a group of CIA and govt types. it was banned and blocked as misinfo. but it wast a russian fake, it was real. these social media companies take their cues from govt and ban discussion of idea they deem improper.

do you think we need to be told what is misinfo, are you so short sighted you cant see that a future adminitration you will oppose will run this group?
    this is just a dumb rhetorical device you use to avoid making actual arguments.

so again, lets clarify, you are nither favoring nor opposing the ministry of truth because you are scared to have an opinion, is that correct? yes or no, you think we need this board of idea oversight?

yes or no?

yes or no?

no answer, pretend something is funny? insult? deflection?

why is i can so easily have opinions on things but you cannot? why is it every discussion goes the same direction where you clam up on your opinion and start insulting and cant answer simple yes or no questions?

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Oh really???? Why is it I have never seen you condemn donald trump for giving an opinion? Why have I never seen you criticize Republican press secretaries?

Now, all of a sudden, the Biden Administration can't express an opinion on what they consider bad information? The way I see it, our government has a sacred obligation to warn us against harmful disinformation.

Besides all that, liar, it was not our government that banned things from Facebook and Twitter. Those were private corporation decisions.

You're a hypocrite, too chicken to even describe what steps you expect this board to take but have described as "horrible" nevertheless. Horrible for people such as yourself, I guess, who like to deal out untruths.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

whats racist about it? you disagree with what part, specifically? do you also think we dont need to secure a future for black children and that any claims about helping black children are racist?

this reminds me of that amusing troll people do when they claim "its ok to be white" and liberals get angry.

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Not playing.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i guess its you dont read. i have crushed him many times in the past for his opinion on drug legalization and section 230 etc. but thats just you deflecting. you deflect to calling people a hypocrite all the time.

"your inclination to agree with drumpf about section 230 is part of the problem" - me on trump being stupid, posted here. (http://www.tigerfan.com/threads/fro...c-terrorists-oh-my.190169/page-5#post-1892519)

you are deflecting

do you favor or oppose the govt disinfo board?

no answer, accuse opponent of hypocrisy?

the deflection is almost always the same. to distract, you will say "you say X about Y, but when it was republicans you said Z about Y". and its purely a distraction. because as i always say, your aim is not to discuss anything but to paint your opponent as a hypocrite racist. often by invoking a false claim about a double standard on something never said. its very dishonest.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you keep saying that and then replying 20 times straight

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Again you're being dishonest. You might have criticized his opinion but you certainly didn't condemn him for having one and making it public You're a hypocrite.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are deflecting to another issue, calling me a hypocrite. this is what you do when losing arguments so you wont have to take a position.

this board of disinformation, your position on it is that you dont care, isnt that correct?

the wise man learns over time that these silly rhetorical devices like deflecting to personal accusatiopns dont work on me.

this board of disinformation, your position on it is that you dont care, isnt that correct?

cant answer?

so again, lets clarify, you are nither favoring nor opposing the ministry of truth because you are scared to have an opinion, is that correct? yes or no, you think we need this board of idea oversight?

yes or no?

yes or no?

no answer, pretend something is funny? insult? deflection?

why is i can so easily have opinions on things but you cannot? why is it every discussion goes the same direction where you clam up on your opinion and start insulting and cant answer simple yes or no questions?

Winston1 likes this.