Great Day to be a Tiger

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Perhaps there is some joy in misery. I know it exists and certainly I have been victim to those moments when I just wanted to be down in the dumps for a while. But these moments rarely occur at a time of celebration. So I don't get the ongoing flow of pessimism and disappointment in the after glow of a victory over UF in the Swamp.

Do you know who else pisses and moans after a win?
    Bama Fans
    I hear it all day long every day after every win. All the talk about the loss that looms around the next corner just waiting. It's going to all come crumbling down just you watch. Always focused on the dirt instead of the gold.

The Tigers beat the Gators in the Swamp at their homecoming game. That alone is worth a smile. You can do it. It's a victory over the $@&! Gators. One of the most satisfying places to steal a win. Only the 2nd loss by Coach "got what ya deserved" at home in the Swamp. A little retribution in a rivalry that is heating up. So enjoy that fact alone.

The boys represented themselves and their program. They put everything they had into that game. Every young man that walked, or hobbled, out on to that field was out there to battle. There was no quit. There was no softness. There was some big boy football being played on that field yesterday and they fought like Tigers to the very end. It seemed like every other play one man hobbled off and someone came in to replace him giving us one of the best displays of "next man up" in action. I firmly believed that this offense was going to have to pass to win, never expected them to be able to ride a running game to victory. That D was worn slap out in the 4th quarter but they goose-egged the Gators. It was a damn good game.

We need to get healthier on both sides of the ball. We need to get better at the passing game. We need to not be out of position. We need to be a little smarter. We need a lot of things.

But we needed a win even more. And we got a good one that gives this team a lot to build on. Nothing more, however, than their confidence. I saw a little swagger coming back. Keep fighting like that and they're going to win a few more. They definitely won't get pushed around.

It's a great to be a Tiger every day, but especially today.

Geaux Tigers!!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm all about beating Florida. Don't care what happens during the game, don't care how it's done, a win is a win against an SEC opponent.

That being said I can unsee what I've seen thus far in the other games.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Funny thing... I would prefer to lose to Troy and beat Florida than the other way around.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

In the end the troy loss doesn't change our season. So I agree with you

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I feel the same way.