Grammy's...anyone watch?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by DRC, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I heard that as well. Arrested for assault on an unidentified women and it turns out his girlfriend, Rhianna, pulled out of the Grammy's shortly after he did.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shes the unidentified women what I heard before the grammys. hadnt really cared to verify it.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I didnt see their performance, I think I was arguing with Red over Iran at the time. If you heard their album and still think they sounded like a bad Fleetwood Mac, you be musical neophyte. :wave:

4. tirk

thats like telling someone they should like the taste of something because you like it. Plant was the lead singer of one of the greatest rock bands of all time while Krauss has a very unique voice and is a good bluegrass singer.

however, listening to their stuff live it sounded like Plant was washed up and they didnt sound very well together.

id have to listen to the recorded version but thats not going to change my opinion of their sound last night. im a big music fan and especially live.

that crap didnt do much for me.

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Probably true. Listen to the album and get back to me though.

I can appreciate most all genres of music even if it isnt my preferred listening type. I normally wouldn't listen to the kind of recording that Plant/Krauss did but it was extremely unique and surprisingly enjoyable.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

stevie wonder has lost all artistic merit for performing with the jonas brothers.

radiohead got shafted, but it dosent matter anyway because the grammy's have no artistic merit either.

when they have a category for rap and rappers end up in the best artist and best album category, your award officially sucks.

T.I. musician? NO
    Lil Wayne musician? NO
    Jay Z musician? NO

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They aren't too bad, actually.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRm3VsmXRE&feature=PlayList&p=43B0ED6661E1EC68&playnext=1&index=1[/media]

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

All rap isnt bad, just because you dont understand it or agree with it doesnt mean you have to shyt on it. If you can advocate for some of these rocknroll bands and death metal, it isnt any worse than the worst rap music.

9. tirk

its ok, right? nothing award worthy to me. but hey some of these are sentimental awards at times.

i think thats a good comparison. many people hear death metal and any rap
    and think each song of each genre sound exactly the same.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Im not a fan of death metal but respect it far more then rap n' crap. My problem with most rappers is they are not musicians and cant sing. Most of them couldnt hold a tune in a bucket or play three blind mice on a piano. For the most part rap backing tracks are canned loops and manipulated computer music. If anyone has played with advanced music software you know what Im talking about.

That said, I did like tupac and still like Snoop Dog but they are rare exceptions for me in the rap world.

Thats not one of the highlights of the album and I dont think the award was given for sentimental reasons. The tracks are complicated and uniquely layered. Gone...Gone...Gone is an old Everly Brothers song I believe. One of the weaker offerings of them all IMHO.