Grading Airports

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Winston1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hartsfield Jackson sucks. Easy to get around but they only have 2 real places you can sit and have a beer and they are both always slammed.

Other than that it is pretty good actually. Better than Midway. The New Orleans airport is kind of shit. Orlando isn't bad. Hopkins in Cleveland believe it or not is pretty good.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was practically sexually abused by a TSA worker during a pat down at Newark, so it's at the bottom of my list.

I'm at DFW all of the time, and I don't mind it at all. O'Hare is huge, but not a bad experience. LAX doesn't bother me, either.

The Mexico City and Acapulco airports were not great experiences, while Cancun wasn't too bad.

I didn't care for either El Paso, nor San Diego.

ETA: Boston Logan and Milwaukee are fairly user friendly airports.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I recently saw a list, don’t remember what for, possibly 20 busiest. I was surprised I had been to 17 of the 20.

I pretty much hate them all.

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All airports are a pain in the ass. If I could afford it I would never fly again unless it was by private jet.

5. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I fly practically every week and agree with Bengal B... all airports are a pain in the ass. I spend more time in Hartsfield Jackson than I do at home. Thank goodness for Delta Sky Club.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I fly out of John Wayne airport in the OC. It's obviously not huge nor international but it's a great airport, never once had an issue. The "fun" part of flying out is the noise-abatement laws which require an abrupt pushover take-off and then immediate quiet as engines throttle back and the deck angle becomes nearly horizontal instead of a steep incline. It all happens quickly because the runway is less than 6k feet and it has to be quiet when the planes fly over the monied folks living on the Newport Coast.

Roller coaster ride but in an airplane, lol. I always feel bad watching folks who have never experienced it before.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's in Cantlanta. What do you expect?

shane0911 likes this.
  8. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

We have a new office in Irvine so I fly into and out of John Wayne quite a bit. Was there for a few days 2 weeks ago. It is an interesting ride.

Winston1 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I’ve flown out of there a few times and agree it’s a fun take off

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If your idea of fun is fear that the engines have lost power and you are about to die.

tirk and Winston1 like this.