Grades for the Texas game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 8, 2019.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

So did Texas. The only thing I can think of is the 8 minute difference in TOP. Was it that much of a difference for our D cramping up?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Enough to make a difference. And apparently the Horns were better hydrated than us. We should hire an expert in sports hydration as a full time consultant.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Something we are gonna have to get used to with this high powered quick strike offense.

TOP won't necessarily be in our favor most times.

4. COTiger

I don't think you need to hire a full time consultant. All you need is someone walking up & down the sideline reminding players to drink the fluids.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sports hydration is more complicated than that. Each player needs to be evacuated to determine his specific hydration needs and the right mixture of fluids and electrolytes measured. The players need to drink their own best mixture and be told when and how often they dhould drink it ESPN beforehand a game in such conditions. It's a full time job.

I have recently had my own hydration problems what with being out in the excessive heat this summer and especially the latter part of August and then into September when it has gotten even hotter. I was drinking water and Poweraid but not on and when the contents of the contents got hot I wouldn't finish it. Cumulative lack of hydration takes a toll. Alcohol is not a proper drink. It dehydrates you rather than doing any good.

6. COTiger

Do major programs have a full time assistant devoted to sports hydration? Seems like the trainers should be able to handle it.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know but trainers are not expertly in every area of sports nutrition and hydration. Tom Brady has his own nutrition guru. I'm sure any power 5 team that aspires as championships can easily afford one. I bet Texas and Alabama have one.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

8 minutes is huge. Thats essentially last years aTm OT game and we saw how that went for D. Brady can still run the plays he wants, just needs to string them out an additional 10 sec once there is lead in first half.

Having said that, someone (CEO) needs to MAKE these guys hydrate. They never do I guess for fear that they will have to piss every 5min like Ensminger after those diet cokes.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No way no how.

I can't believe y'all are complaining we are running plays too quickly.

This is the tempo we practice during the week.

This is the tempo we are gonna run for 60 minutes during the actual game.

LSU fans still getting accustomed to the new culture on offense.

And I can understand that.

I don't want to see the foot taken off the pedal, not one bit.

Destroy their will to fight. Eat their soul.

Annihilate anyone who stands in our way.

Bengal B and fanatic like this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree.. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not, but we only punted TWICE the entire game. The only other time the offense was stopped was a fluke tip that got picked. Other than that, we came away with points on every possession. Don't ease up on anything.

shane0911 likes this.