Grades for the Texas game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 8, 2019.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I thought is was “chase on”

2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

True, dat! And it cannot be just water in those bottles! Here in AZ two 26 y/o hikers got into life-threatening dehydration on the Bright Angel Trail in the Grand Canyon (July). One died. They were both drinking lots of H2O but did not replace their electrolytes (salts); no Gatorade or salt tablets in their kit.

Our guys MUST replace what they've lost! In a football game they must stay in preventative mode because by the time they seem to need a bolus of electrolytes they are so far behind the curve they will not recover to play safely or as effectively.

CajunlostinCali, StaceyO and COTiger like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Our athletic trainers SHOULD, emphasis on SHOULD know this. It's not like last night was the first time we ever played in heat and humidity. And every time I see a sideline shot, I see players drinking sports drink out of the colored bottles. I wonder if we will ever hear an explanation as to why our defensive players were cramping all night.

gynojunkie likes this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

My understanding is by the time you get thirsty, it's too late!

didit, islstl and StaceyO like this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

This... I did some work a couple years ago in Phoenix, and the particular week I was there, it was 115-118 degrees for the high those days. It didn't necessarily feel worse than here but it was damn hot. The thing about the "dry heat" saying is this... You don't sweat there because it pretty much instantly evaporates. You don't know you're dehydrated until it's far too late. Those guys at the wire plant were drinking 1-2 gallons per day of various liquids and have been doing so as long as they have lived there... Now I don't know exactly how arid it is in Austin, but I'm fairly certain that on any given day, it's less humid than here. The Longhorns live and practice in it... If we have a half a dozen or more cramp up in Tiger Stadium, then I will be pretty concerned.

As my grandfather used to say, time will tell and shit will smell..

6. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

That’s funny ...
    Refs did stink but we expected that and had to beat their brains out. If LSU players had been properly hydrated, Texas would have never scored over 17 on us ... But it’s over and we covered the spread and we move on

Winston1 likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Humidity in Austin this summer has been mild compared to years past. We've been constantly ranging from 25-50% most days.

My guess it was a very reasonable 35% humidity yesterday.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

On TV before the game they said it was 23%.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Regarding the cramping, I don't recall this being an issue in Baton Rouge vs. Georgia Southern. Maybe it's a combination of the defense being on the field so much, and not hydrating properly in advance of the game. I would have to believe this won't happen again.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In addition to all the other factors s lot more players got playing time in that game. We had to keep the best we had on the field for Texas.