Grades for the Texas game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 8, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

QB A+
    The interception was a tipped pass which isn't his fault, just really bad luck. Outside of that, you could argue this was the finest QB play in LSU history given the circumstances. Yeah I went there.

RB C+
    Had some good moments but a couple of dropped passes and this unit can do better and must do better going forward to keep our offense more balanced. I can't believe I just typed that.

OL A-
    As much as this unit get ragged on, this was an exceptional effort on the road in hostile territory. It's the reason Joe Burrow flourished like he did.

WR A
    A dropped TD kept the unit from an A+. But what a night for this crew. I see NFL players all over the field if I'm being totally honest. First time in LSU history we had 3 receivers with 100+ yards.

TE C
    Big catch by Moss over the middle but I'd definitely like to see the TE more involved and we will moving forward.

DL C-
    The first half the until was really solid. But went AWOL in the second half.

LB C
    Another unit that needs to improve it's play.

DB C-
    Just not good enough. Early on they were excellent but all those 3rd and long plays given up got to the point of being ridiculous.

ST B
    Made every FG, nothing great or terrible on special teams play.

Coaching A
    We beat a non conference team on the road ranked in the top 10 for the first time in our entire history. Yeah that deserves an A. The training staff probably needs to be fired as the cramping was inexcusable.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    gynojunkie, didit, shane0911 and 5 others like this.
  2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

That might have been the best performance by an LSU qb that I have ever seen in 53 years.

3. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I won’t get down on that Defense because it wasn’t anyone’s fault except LSU Medical responsible for Player Health and Safety Precautious to prevent Heat Stress ...

I would like to know the arrogant know nothing asses responsible for our guys falling out due to inadequate hydration and THREE-DAY REQUIRED PREP PROCESS that was obviously and then ARROGANTLY ignored to prepare for Heat Index numbers above 100 ... LSU scrimmages are short affairs compared to 4+ hour marathon of game + pre-game warm ups ...

As a Professional Pressure Vessel Inspector my Times in such conditions are closely watched and I’m often trained and retrained about the step to avoid heat Stress ...

The University failed its players and someone must be held accountable

AND STEPS TAKEN TO AVOID FUTURE REOCCURRENCE

cajunbob678 and HalloweenRun like this.
  4. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

AFTER ALL ...
    EXCUSE MY CAPS BUT IM PISSED

THE SAME DEFENSE THAT WAS TOASTED AFTER BEING DEHYDRATED AND HEAT STRESSED WAS THE SAME ONE THAT SHUT OUT TEXAS SEVERAL TIMES EARLY ...

5. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

I’ll give the Dee two grades ...

FULLY HYDRATED ... A+

DEHYDRATED & HEAT STRESSED ... C+

6. islstl

The defense was an F in the second half.

We gave up 31 points.

7. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

Wow! What an offensive show they just put on. If there was any question about the commitment to this new offensive philosophy, I think those were answered tonight. Joe is on his way to amassing some staggering offensive numbers over the next few weeks. At what point does the Heisman talk begin?

northernvatiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I heard it tonight. Must have been an espn clip. First breaths are coming out with qualifiers of, “if he keeps this up, and I think he will”.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After the Georgia Southern game.

10. islstl

I didn't hear it.

Now it's unavoidable.