Grades for the South Carolina game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 10, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

QB: B+
    His best game by far this season (which isn't saying much). Using his legs as well to get crucial first downs. Just glad to see us go down the field with mainly passing plays on a score. His confidence to be able to help carry this offense just went up significantly.

RB: A+
    Not counting a mop up duty fumble by Brosette, this unit was more than spectacular as Mr. Guice was introduced to the college football world. He is going to be nearly as special as #7. Williams got those tough yards on those short yardage situations and converted every one.

WR: B
    Finally a chance to get into a rhythm and this group performed quite well. Dupre is a budding superstar, especially if we can continue to have success being balanced as we were today.

TE/FB: B
    A couple of catches downfield plus some really good edge blocking to help spring big runs. We all found out today how valuable Moore is at the fullback position.

OL: A-
    Great day for the big uglies up front. The best pass protection we have had all year long, allowing Harris to succeed. Run blocking woes from the first half were long forgotten with the epic effort of the 2nd half.

DL: C-
    A bit of a struggle from this unit as they largely could not get to the quarterback. We need to see some consistency in that regard.

LB: C-
    Along with the D-line, the front 7 struggled for a good part of this game. This should have been a dominant performance by this defense. Much to the contrary.

DB: D
    No sense in allowing 200 yards passing to this quarterback and this offense.

ST/K: F
    Even with a perfect place kicking performance, the special teams was so God awful, the combined units still get an F. That's how poorly the special teams performed. Bradley Dale Peveto, lol.

Coaching: B-
    Given the special circumstances this team was still ready 'enough' to get the job done. Credit to the coaching staff for that, however the defensive side of the ball is regressing. Not good heading into the hardest part of our schedule, starting with Florida next week.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    red55, dudley, LSUTiga and 5 others like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He still has a lot of work to do, he took a sack he shouldn't have, misfired on some throws but the future isn't nearly as bleak as it was a season ago that's for sure. He is improving.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

He took a sack he shouldn't have, true, but I think that's the first all season. Five games in, one unfortunate sack, I'll take that.

4. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I like his command and I enjoyed how he handled the 2 minute at the end of the 1st half.

I like him and his talent. He'll keep improving. He has a terrific arm.

And he's only a Soph!

northernvatiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. P&G_wheelz007

He knows when to scramble and he knows when to throw it away.... 1 sack. He's doing great.

6. P&G_wheelz007

We hung 45 points on Spurrier and left a few points on the field. I liked it.

7. P&G_wheelz007

624 yards of total offense with 396 coming on the ground against Spurrier gets the OLine an A+ for me.

Perple likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

The thing I like about him is he tends to learn from his mistakes. What's more telling about Harris to me than anything was the series at the end of the half. He escaped and didn't take sacks and threw the ball away. I agree with you completely and I agree with the grade. He seems to be improving.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

The special teams should get a ZERO for not participating. And the DB's aren't the only ones to blame for the 200 yards, the linebackers are as well.

10. P&G_wheelz007

Yes he is improving. He kept that drive alive and got us points. Gives me confidence that he can win us a game at the end.....