Government healthcare

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

That makes no sense. Under a for-profit insurance based system you had better not be poor..... because your patient care is going to be unacceptable.

And, by the way, life expectancies in countries with socialized medicine are HIGHER than our own.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Health care and life choices are not the same thing.

American poor people have Iphones and eat Cheese burgers all day.

uscvball likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And big screen TV's and rims that cost more than their cars.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You have a point. What you have is a court forbidding a child's parents the authority to make a life or death decision for their child. But that's the risk you accept with socialized medicine. Why would you want that for America?

watson1880 and Winston1 like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Two points Rex.
    First you're right it is a civil rights issue. However it is the consequence of socialized medicine. Since the state pays for services it controls access to those services. That's why this happened and why people wait for months to get services we can get immediately. To get socialized medicine YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS. It happens everywhere socialized medicine exists.
    Second insurance as it was before, is under, and will be in the Republican version of Obamacare is not an efficient market. It is cronyism pure and simple with a strong dose of socialized medicine thrown in. It is not a solution.
    There are services like LASIK and private cash only clinics that charge as much as 1/4 the fees under insurance or Medicare. These are not in rich white enclaves either. I read about one in South L.A. and others around the country that are delivering quality healthcare and have significantly lower out of pocket expenses than someone would under Obamacare especially after you include deductible and co-pay.
    The system is broken and Obamacare did nothing but guarantee profits for insurance companies, hospitals and pharma. Until we actually know what goods and services cost in this market we can never control costs or deliver quality healthcare to the greatest majority of the people or help those who need it.
    The argument over who pays is self defeating and as I said earlier only arranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

You boys need to read your insurance policies, the section under experimental treatment, coverage thereof.

This is a very sad story, but the outcome would be the same, regardless of the healthcare system caring for the child.

To pick such an exceptional case and to base your position on healthcare on its outcome is not very, oh, shall we say, rigorous.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The outcome of weather to not the child lives or dies is a strawman.

No different than wasting money on cancer patients or over eating fat-asses.

The point, which has been missed, is that decisions are not with the parents and doctor, they have rested on the STATE......

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Once you give up this power, you aint getting it back without blood.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Or the HMO or insurance carrier, or in the case of a self funded plan, the employer.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yep. If that were my child and the state told me they were pulling the plug without my permission, I'm not going to accept it without a fight. I just can't imagine what that must have felt like. A death sentence being carried out on your baby while you watch.....yeah, it's gonna be blood and not just mine.

Bengal B likes this.