GoT Season 5 (warning: Spoilers)

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 12, 2015.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Kit Harrington said he won't be back, as far as he knows. The showrunners say he is gone. Martin has been milking it for four years. I honestly do no believe he would let the cat out of the bag before his next book is released which tells me that we will see more Jon Snow.

2. locoguano

What is interesting is that in the producer interviews they just say, "Yes, the character is dead." They do not say, "He will stay dead." Martin has said in interviews that dead and permanently dead are two different things (see Lady Stoneheart).

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I hate this show!! Like Red was saying, the people you pull for never win. And you only get little snippets of satisfaction, like when Joffery died or when Arya killed Trant. Wish the writers would throw us a bone. As for Arya, will she remain blind or will her sight be restored once she repents and completes her training? Or can she even complete it without sight?

I don't understand why Cersei was released to the Red Keep. Won't she just have the King's Guard/Lannister Army/City Watch just wipe out the Sparrows? Seems like the logical thing to do, so it doesn't make sense why she was released. I'm still struggling with why Tommen hasn't done this already to release Majory. I know, he's young, he abhors violence etc etc, but he also knows that he's the king and kings usually get what kings want.

As for the Dorne story arc, even a non-book reader like me knew Myrcella was as good as dead when Ellaria kissed her. Again, another innocent slaughtered. I didn't like it, but know it had to happen to further the storyline.

All that said, those 10 weeks flew by. It sucks that we have to wait another year for new episodes.

4. locoguano

SPOILER!!!

The blindness is part of Arya's training...
    In the books the Lannister army is still up north fighting to control the Riverlands, so the capital just has the city guard.
    In the books Tommen is still a child, so he wouldn't be leading anything.
    In the books... in the books.. in the books... Some of this stuff has to be going on off-screen...

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

That is what I really like about the show. Kind of like how "The Wire" was. We always hope for the happy ending but that rarely happens. The darker the better in my eyes.

mobius481 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He is a child king that nobody respects. In the book he is 8 years old. Nobody around him has any power left, now including Cersei. The Red Keep is under effective siege. They cannot hold it without regular delivery of supplies from the Sparrows. There is no army in there. Just the palace guards and kings guards. When Tywin died, his brother took the Lannister armies back to Casterly Rock, where they will be spoiling for a war with Dorne.

In the books Myrcella is alive, and wounded by a sword, losing an ear. Jamie never went to Dorne and Bronn walked out of the tale before Tyrion killed Tywin.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Exactly, life doesn't always produce happy endings, why should tv?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We can change the channel on TV.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even the WWE lets the good guys win sometimes.

I seriously doubt he would write a series where all the heroes die before the series is at its end. Jon is ice and fire, he will rise. Maybe they already filmed everything for season 6 with him, and he is dead. But he rises Jon Targaryean or Jon Stark.

fanatic likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This show produces no happy endings all bad. Gotta have some good shit.