Budget GOP Tax Plan

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Nov 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What do you guys think?

I thoroughly reviewed what was presented thus far. Everyone gets something. The left is focusing on the rich, but its a false narrative. Don't buy the crap about high tax states, that is not this bills fault nor should other stats subsidize Cali and New York.

This absolutely helps the middle class. No other way around it.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

ill let you know after it is signed into law and i check my taxes year over year to compare. but if less money goes to Washington that is always a good idea.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Looks like they'll be taking your money by getting rid of deductions. Disguised as a cut. but still taking your money.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I only claim kids and a home currently and that remains unchanged. I save thousands with this current plan.

I took my taxes to a "tax guy" once over the last 5 years and they didn't do any wizardry I couldn't do on TurboTax.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

My itemized deductions now do not meet the standard deduction. They are not touching my tax rate. Enjoy your cuts!

Here is some beauties that make no sense:

Eliminate the out of pocket health care costs that are over 10% of income. I used those deductions several years ago. That was a nice thing. Way to take that away from people who spend too much on health care.

The legislation includes language that would open up tax-advantaged college savings accounts known as 529s to what the legislation calls "unborn children" as designated beneficiaries. And a bill summary specifically defines that as “a child in utero. A child in utero means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.” Next a fetus will be offered a football scholarship by Lane Kiffin.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

"But notice the funny thing about this calculation: Only a small percentage (6.5 percent) of the nearly 122 million households in the bottom three quintiles will actually face a tax increase."

"In their haste to condemn the GOP tax plan, Democrats have spread far and wide the false claim that families making less than $86,100 on average will face a hefty tax hike. Actually, it’s the opposite. Most families in that income range would get a tax cut. Any Democrat who spread this claim should delete their tweets and make clear they were in error."

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why can't the republicans just pass it. They own both houses.