GOP plan to replace ACA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 7, 2017.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thank God I'm retired. I have some significant health issues, but between Medicaid & TRICARE they take care of everything.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A family of four with an annual income of $84,450 or less now qualifies as low income in Orange County.

A single person living alone qualifies as low income if he or she earns $58,450 or less a year.

Orange County has the fifth-highest income threshold in the nation, according to new income limits released last month by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development....

Record-high rents and home prices are driving up Southern California income limits. Orange County apartment rents, for example, increased 20 percent over the past seven years, while the median sale price of an Orange County house has jumped 40 percent."
    http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/0...ies-as-low-income-in-high-cost-orange-county/

Oh, and....

"Federal agents descended on a convenience store Wednesday morning, May 3, with a search warrant in connection with what their agencies alleged was a $2 million food-stamp fraud.

Euclid Market, at Euclid Street and McFadden Avenue, and its father-daughter team are the focus of an investigation that involves the U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Inspector General and the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation unit.

The authorities contend the pair wrongly have pocketed $2 million since January 2014.

For years, Jose Garcia Olivo and Johanna Garcia “have engaged in food-stamp fraud by paying individuals cash in exchange for charging those individuals’ Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards, instead of actually selling food,” according to an affidavit for the search warrant filed in U.S. District Court on Friday, April 28.

According to the affidavit, the daughter would at times use someone else’s EBT card at supermarkets and grocery stores to buy goods for herself."
    http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/0...store-in-2-million-ebt-food-stamp-fraud-case/

California sucks.

3. COTiger

Could have saved a lot of time & space.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I was in Colorado some years back I saw a lot of cars with bumper stickers that read "Don't Californicate Colorado"

5. COTiger

Mid '80s? That's when a significant portion of the space surveillance industry began to move to CO from CA. It was good for me. I spent the last 17 years of my career in space surveillance.

6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Started hearing that during the early '70's,.. coincided with Oregon's, "come visit, but don't move here" ad campaign.

[​IMG]

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why not just fix obamacare? Kill parts of it that suck, work on it to make it better? A whole new plan that's being rushed like Obamacare was isn't the answer.

HalloweenRun and GiantDuckFan like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As bad as the republicans plan is; single payer plans are infinitely worse. California, New York and other 'progressive ' states are finding the cost of single payer healthcare would be 100% of the state's budget. Now this estimate is from the California budget director, not the right or other hateful groups. This is the rosiest prediction from one of their own. Of course they would take care of illegals too but then they don't need roads or flood protection or schools or firemen or CHIPS or anything.
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/05/23/california-single-payer-health-care-cost

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You know as bad as Trump has been when you see how screwed up cities and states that have had decades of liberal democrat rule I'm glad he beat HRC. Detroit, Chicago, LA, San Bernardino, California etcetera all are falling apart. They've been propped up because they had so much wealth and industry but democrats policies have caused a tremendous flight of capital, jobs and productive people that they're either hollowed out or getting there. Another 4-8 years of democrats in Washington would ruin us as a country.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

FREE health care

tumblr_inline_mnebhxoBhr1qz4rgp.gif