Good, Bad, Ugly vs Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well all I can say is O found kickers this year so why can't he do it again next year? As far as Greedy we have Fulton, Joseph, Vincent and Kirkland coming back and the #1 CB recruit in the nation committed to us along with 3 other CB recruits. Devin will be harder to replace but Phillips and a bunch of LB's are on our roster and who knows who we will have coming in next year. I am hearing Queen is a stud and have seen video of recruit Donte Starks and he is a beast so the loss of White may be short lived.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Coach O did a good job last year steering the ship after the Troy loss. He gets credit for that but also has to take blame for the loss. A lot of coaches have a shitty loss on their resume, especially early in their tenure with a program.

The notion on our 9 wins seems to be that the SEC was in a down year and Coach O’s 6-2 SEC record was inflated. To counter that, LSU was just as down last year as the other SEC foes so not sure how the argument makes sense. They were down, we were down (we lost to Troy for fucks sake), but we beat 6 SEC teams last year and it still counts.

So is the SEC back up this year as everyone thinks? Is our schedule as tough as everyone says it is? We will see. It’s why we play the games. Personally I don’t know. We haven’t seen shit. Over half the teams in the league haven’t faced a respectable opponent yet.

We all know 2 things can and do happen. Some teams just come in flat out overrated and others fall apart after a loss or two. It’s never apples to apples across the board as some like to make it seem. A lot of our 6 wins last year could have come against teams who had already given up.

Lastly, has Coach O improved? We will see if he has because it appears he certainly has the slate of games in front of him to prove he has.

Having said all that (if it makes any sense) as a football fan (not just a tiger fan) based on talent alone, LSU’s floor every year should be 10 wins. And if Miles was the LSU Coach today with this staff and this roster, even against this schedule, anything under 10 wins would be a failure and that’s why he was let go.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

If O really wants to impress the fans, let’s see him get his juniors to bypass the draft and stay another year to try and bring home a championship to LSU.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You faulting kids like LF7 and Guice for leaving? Besides a lot of these kids come from very very poor backgrounds and need to get out and earn money SAP.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are going to be a very unhappy fan for a while.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

Hell no I don’t fault them. Go make that money! I’m just glad they came to play for LSU. However, it would be refreshing to see a few stay. How many Tigers have we seen leave early and flame out. Some don’t get drafted others struggle to make a roster. Those are the guys I’m talking about.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

That’s where you misunderstand everything I’m trying to say.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Down? The NCCG was All SEC. If that's a down year we fucked.

Bengal B, ParadiseiNC and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Jesus you are the one saying the floor is 10 wins so I deduce you are saying unless we win at least 10 games a year its a failure, read your own post.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

I said as a football fan, a fan of the sport LSU should be expected to win 10 games with their level of talent. An envious level of talent by 125 other football teams who would kill to have what we have.

Have you ever considered a single objective opinion about the state of the LSU football program? Or is it always just blind homerism?

kcal likes this.