Good, Bad & Ugly- Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Worst observation, you take what the defense is giving you.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Wrong coach O cant be judged anymore than Miles could until he recruited and showed us what he could without Sabans players. O is in a much much worse position than doofus was in. Believe what you want I choose to believe what I know and have seen in the 12 games O has coached so far. We shall see fast food fan.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Just because you disagree doesn't make my opinions wrong. We will just have to agree to disagree on the 2 points I just stated in my last post:

1) Coach O is in over his head. Taking over this LSU program after Les Miles was not as easy a task as most thought. This is a especially difficult for an experienced Coach, which Coach O is.

2) Coach O needs to improve just as much as his team does. He is in no way ready to compete for championships.

4. VHSTiger

VHSTiger Freshman

Vince Lombardi could be our HC and he couldn't have this team contend for a SEC championship this year.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

maybe not, but i bet he could at least look competitive against Miss St.

StaceyO and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Oh, for Pete's sake. Defenses don't "give" offenses anything. Their job is to stop everything the offense might try. There are several different approaches they can take, but the most effective one by far is to control the line of scrimmage. Which Moo U did for 60 minutes, and 'Cuse did for substantial periods of time.
    Now, you want to know how offense works? Its a concept not a lot of people catch on to, really. And its this: every play has the potential to score from anywhere on the field. TThe key is to identify the critical point of the play, and then getting the ball there before the defense can react. And if you doubt that, think about why Jordan Jefferson went 80 yards on an option keep against Tennessee a few years ago. Think about Guice going 96 yards through the guard-tackle gap against Arky last year. On a run, its getting the ball carrier past the d-line and into the secondary. On a pass play, regardless of how deep the route is, its how quickly you get the ball to the receiver. Both are virtually impossible if the play is continuously disrupted at the line of scrimmage. As I said, the case against MSU all night, and significant parts of the night against 'Cuse. So if you're the OC in those situations, you've got to adapt, and figure out how to get the play to that tipping point before its disrupted by the line. You've got to get the ball out of the QB's hands in a hurry and to the receiver before the pass rush gets to the QB or the DB can react to the ball. That's not happening in this offense. Granted, we scored 35 on 'Cuse, but that's because we got into occasional grooves where we did win at the line, and what is proving to be a slow-developing, deep passing game had time to be executed. But I haven't seen Canada demonstrate any kind of flexibility in his play calling, to get us through those moments when the defense has the momentum and is consistently winning at the line. That's the mark of a good coordinator.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    StaceyO, LSU_4_LIFE and ehusson80 like this.
  7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Well put

Seems like the same problems we had under Miles...

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I'm concerned this season Gumps hang half a hundred on us and Coach O is never able to recover. For some reason the comfort he seemed to have as h c last year has vanished. Now he looks like the 3 year old walking around in his daddy's dress shoes.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

was playing with house money last year.

StaceyO, LSU_4_LIFE and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

In other words, take what the D gives you. I'm disappointed in Canada thus far also.

StaceyO likes this.