Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 26, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yep, Dewayne Thomas has been burned a few times this year. Kevin Toliver is clearly better than he is but he also made some mistakes yesterday and missed a few tackles. Rickey Jefferson also made some mistakes yesterday. LSU needs Jalen Mills back. I thought the secondary would be ok without him and for the most part they have been but his experience and leadership is missed. He can play corner and safety.

LSU_4_LIFE and cajdav1 like this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Thomas looking around after the play reminded me of our young cb's vs UGA a few years ago.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I was at that game and know exactly what you are referring to. Agree completely. It also seems something that is correctible and in the chemistry category. Once, they get used to each other and what tendencies are, dependence on coverage routes are, etc., some of that will seem to disappear.

cajdav1 likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LOL

5. lsu-i-like

DBU

6. lsu-i-like

Wrap the f up, stop trying to pop a good one and hope they fall.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I rarely saw them even do that. I get that going for the ball might cause a fumble, it might also allow the rb clear sailing the other way

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I'm not a Thomas fan. I cringed when pre-season reports after Mills went were that Thomas would start for more veteran leadership. He was good last year when rushing the QB but he is very suspect in coverage. Hopefully when Mills returns it'll be Thomas that spends more time sitting and when you need a 5th DB it'll be Mills sliding down to cover while Jefferson and Adams handle safety duties.

And Tolliver was a victim of overzealous zebras. He never really blew any coverages and most of the contact that was occurring would be allowed in most games with non-Ritter crews officiating. The one that negated the interception should've been offensive. They called it on the dude earlier and he was guilty again.

ParadiseiNC and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Tolliver really didnt have a bad day, except for the PI call. He shut his man down. Dwayne Thomas should not be in coverage, ever, he is stiff and his technique is pretty bad, we have way too much talent for him to be in coverage as much as he is.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I too have liked what I see from Thomas in coverage. I'd much rather see Jackson in coverage, he has done a great job.

I also agree that Tolliver didn't have as bad a day as some are saying. If Paris supposedly pushed him until the end for a starting position I wonder why he really has not seen the filed outside of special teams?