Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 26, 2015.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I was visiting family yesterday so couldn't post but there was a lot of good, and a decent amount of bad/ugly in this game too. The worst part is at different points in the game all 3 phases had some bad/ugly.

Special teams both kicking and covering seems like trash. Defense doesn't know how to adjust to the refs and just continually gets called for the most idiotic stuff ever. Offense went 3/10 on 3rd down. . .which is utter garbage.

I have to imagine Miles is going to have to light a fire under everyone's ass during game film sessions. "Most improvement between games 1 and 2." God I hope not because we've got to get our shit together for the last half of the season.

Fortunately, we have a lot of positives to build around and a decent amount of time to get stuff fixed.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What is with our punt return team? All year long, every time they send 2 or 3 guys to just kind of stroll back towards the punter, never trying to rush the punter to pressure him, much less block the punt. The Syracuse guy had plenty of time to boot long, high punts. Why the halfhearted effort at a punt rush? I mean, some day a punter is going to muff the snap and drop it and our guys will not even be close to the ball. It's not like they are turning around really quickly to set up a block on the return either.

That they are so overt about not pressuring the punter is also strange. Maybe Peveto is trying to get opponents to be lazy about them to set up some future covert blocking attempt. But I think I'd just rather them try to block it on every down.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Who says im not used to it gump?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Man that Bradley Dale Peveto is some kind of smart. What a wily old bastard.

Future opposing punter: "But coach on film they just half heartedly rushed the punter, so I thought I had more time to get the punt off."

furduknfish likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's troubling to me about special teams is our kick coverage. It sucks. Someone is going to break one on us for a TD if it doesn't get better.

lsu-i-like, StaceyO and Winston1 like this.
  6. red55

I was thinking more like Peveto slipping in Arden Key and Donte Jackson in place of the usual lumbering rushers and having couple of lighting quick guys in the punters face unexpectedly in some game when we really need it.

7. LaSalleAve

The whole so overt its covert mentality?

8. LaSalleAve

I'd like to also give Arden Key an F, and the reason is because the dude just gave up in the 4th quarter and stopped chasing Mahoney, neither Tackleberry, Hightower, or Lt. Harris blocked him, nor were they even near him. I'm supposed to believe Mahoney is faster?

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Objection; you are using Key as an escape goat for you to get in all of those Police Academy references. Hooks will take you down for that, dirtbag.

furduknfish and LaSalleAve like this.
  10. red55

You both get Big Bang nerd stickers for knowing the characters in Police Academy.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.