Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Syracuse

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 26, 2015.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I don't think so - I thought it was all part of the play as the QB was near the sideline anyway.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's what I thought at the time, but it turns out, on the play where he got gang tackled and pushed back, he took a shot in the jewels. Even more reason to rest him at the end. I think Williams and Guice could have gotten us the last couple of first downs.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would at least add tackling to the bad. It was ugly or whatever is worse than ugly imo.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Linebackers still can't cover.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's been that way for years now. Best conference in football probably highest revenue in football. Hands down worst officiating in all of football, not even close. SEC office figures as long as these guys are willing to keep the fix in for Bama they will keep them. It's truly embarrassing to watch SEC officials officiate an out of conference game.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You mentioned special teams, but Keehn was especially atrocious. Is there anyone else who can punt? Give Domingue a shot.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The penalties have got to stop. That is now three TD's that have been taken away. The team must come with more focus, these penalties are really hurting us by taking away scores or putting us in long distance situations.

The WR's need to step up. Way too many drops, they have to learn to start catching more with their hands rather than cradle catching everything.

The D showed a lot of holes and was far from dominant when they should have been. I think a lot of it sceme as well and lack of adjustments.

Nothing more needs to be said about Fournette, he is just big time and should have had an over 300 yard game!!!

Despite being out played and outcoached LSU won. When Syracuse scored to bring the game closer LSU would answer with a score of it's own. Once again a team that will fight. If the boneheaded penalties get fixed along with the steady improvement of Harris then LSU could be a serious contender. I do think we need to mix Guice in there for a few more touches.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Toliver pushed him. It nullified an interception and led to a Syracuse TD.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The question on the Toliver thing was 1. The ball was uncatchable 2. the ball was intercepted.
    If this same crew called this an interception in 2006 when LSU was at Auburn, then this should have been an interception as well.

Let's be consistent. Which Ritter's crew is NOT. They are fucking terrible. They have made so many terrible calls that even the right calls are questionable.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Trey Quinn for heisman?