Good, Bad & Ugly- Jorts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Oct 8, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The Good

1. Effort - void in all prior games but there was no quit in this football team. I was proud to see the team come together even when limping and plodding to the line. It looked like a mash unit out there. But adversity fosters growth. This team grew up a lot on that field.. Maturing in the swamp pays dividends in future bouts.

2. Oline - same as above. Proud of these young men. Battered and torn but gave their all. And were pretty effective. There are no flops who take the field for our football team.

3. Devin white, Lacouture and Gilmore - white is a ballhawk like Kendall Beckwith but with more speed and athleticism. And KB was a great player. Lucky to have white lead this team by example never taking a play off regardless the score. He leads by leading - got in the face of a couple guys during big moments, coaches on the field and is always directing traffic. Brings a toughness to this defense severely needed. He also called out Feleipe Franks when he changed his commitment.

About the fastest you'll see someone explode past the line to the QB.
    [​IMG]
    Lacouture - earning his number 18 even if he's limited athletically. Plays every down. Chases down plays after being taken out. Gives full effort. Can't ask for much more out of him.

Gilmore - another guy who has improved as the season has progressed. Not the most talented but he plays more consistently and fills up the middle where we need lots of help.

4. Donte Jackson - pretty close to a lock down corner most of the time and sticks his nose in against the run. He brought some heat on the final play to get Franks. He's playing tougher.

5. Danny Etling - never pretty but sticking with the theme of guts and effort. He kept this offense together, directed the offensive line at times and stuck his head in there on 3rd down when 2 gators wanted to take it off. This kid has moxy. Not always about talent in winning games. He left it on the field.

6. Zach von Rosenberg - without that punt to the 4 I think we lose. He came here 8 years ago as a baseball player before signing with the pirates. Signed for over a million dollars. Decided to walk on as tight end. Had to swallow some pride there. Good moment for him.

Culp had a little redemption as well.

7. Matt Canada - flashes of brilliance. A peek into what could be? Probably need a dual threat QB to really see what he can do but at least we saw a glimpse of why he was hired. Finally.

The bad

1. Danny etling - still freaks out under pressure in the pocket. Happy feet, bails too soon, doesn't go thru his progressions, holds ball too long, underthrows the deep ball. Other than that, he's great.

2. Matt Canada - help this kid out with an intermediate passing game. Get him in the flow of the game build his confidence. Chuck and duck makes no sense.

3. Arden Key and John Battle - both had good seats for the game yesterday. Neither showed they wanted or knew how to tackle. Key needs to be benched until he's closer to game shape. I'd run at him every down until they pulled him.

The ugly

1. Passing game - I'm convinced we bring chip Kelly here and he'd run the triple option. Is it the players, the culture, a pact with the devil. Can we develop a true passing game this century please. Please God.

Let's see if we can put this game behind us but build off it as auburn is the first really good team we will face. Coach Oeaux won his first road conference game in the sec and I'm afraid he's still celebrating like he won the super bowl. And possibly the team. Auburn is a worry.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Ugly - Sitting on the narrowest of leads way too early. I guess it kind of makes sense when we've played so badly and this is Eaux's first win against an SEC team. I hope this is not the norm, it is one thing that lead to Les' ouster.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Though I have been blasted for this view, before, six of seven short passes beats two long ones and an interception every time. This all or nothing approach is a ticket to doom.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Astute !!!

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not sure who blasted you for that, but they were out of line for doing it. I agree.

didit likes this.
  6. fanatic

DISCLAIMER: Sorry if this has already been mentioned and discussed in another thread.

As far as UGLY goes, everyone is aware of the Tom Petty incident at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th Q; where the jort wearing douches thought we were disrespecting their tribute to their hometown hero, which we obviously weren't. Anyway, there was some back and forth trash talking between LSU/FU fans that was posted, then one member of TGBFTL who was seen in the video mixing it up with Gayturd fans, unfortunately tweeted this:

Really? Am I reading this right? Dude regrets being an American? Embarrassing himself and the school he represents!

https://mobile.twitter.com/iwendtthere?lang=en

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sounds like he means he can't look up to Americans like others do bc he is one. However, if he's hated then he's probably anti America and a poor grammar student. He's a contradiction.

furduknfish and fanatic like this.
  8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

That's the only way to move the ball on Bama as aTm showed last nite

9. fanatic

Ok, I see now. Definitely poor choice of words. Thanks for clarifying.

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

I agree... I would add Alexander to the bad and the pitiful refs to the ugly...

lsu-i-like likes this.