Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Eastern Michigan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 4, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

THE GOOD
    1. An ugly win is a win.
    2. Fournette sets an all-time SEC record with three consecutive 200-yard games.
    3. Keehn only punted twice, but he averaged 45 yards. Much better . . . and about time.
    4. Big-75-yard TD run from Fournette, our only highlight in the game.
    5. Harris can run if defenses key on Fournette and still have to respect his arm.
    6. Arden Key is going to be very good when he learns a few things about smart offenses. Tolliver is going to be great.
    7. 8.1 yards a pop for Williams on 11 carries. Guice averaged 11.3 yards on his 3 carries. Brossette averaged 6 yards on his 3. We don't have to run Fournette 28 times (9 yards a carry) to have a power running game.
    8. Two pretty interceptions, by Jones and Tolliver.

THE BAD
    1. 4-of 15 passing simply will not cut it.
    2. About 5 dropped passes including two potential TD's, mostly from our starting wideouts. I think Chark and Quinn will get more snaps next week.
    3. For the second week, this team sleepwalked against a lesser opponent. Time to wake up.
    4. Our linebackers are liabilities in pass coverage. Ole Miss and Bama may eat them alive.
    5. At one point Eastern Michigan put 10 men in the box and we ran right into it. I know it was late in the game and we are only running out clock, but damn! When a defense does that it should be automatic to play-action pass it to the receiver in single overage with no safeties back.
    6. The offensive line underperformed badly, especially in pass protection, giving up sacks.
    7. The defensive line got pushed around a bit by much smaller men who played harder.
    8. Les must find a kicker. Domingue cannot find the end zone but he does find the sideline. Gamble is so fastidious that he gets delay of game penalties on half his kickoffs. What has happened to Delahoussay? Special teams need a serious overhaul to stop those long returns.
    9. Fournette was wide open, completely uncovered in the middle of the end zone, but Harris threw a fade to a covered receiver in the back corner. Incomplete.
    10. Our first turnover of the season. Harris should have taken the sack. Pocket presence.

THE UGLY
    1. Harris is not the quarterback we are looking for. His passing was not accurate, some of those drops were poorly thrown balls. Granted, his pass protection was poor and his receivers were worse. His feet are an asset and his poise is improved, but he gets passes off too slowly and still fails to recognize open receivers. If he can't be relied on to run a reliable passing game pretty damned soon, two things will happen: defenses will load the box with confidence and we will be seeing Jennings get some drives.
    2. The purple jerseys are ug-lee . . . and bad ju-ju to boot.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think you are being way too kind, but I'll go with it.

Regarding the kickers, it's blatantly obvious to me now that what @asignupe99 was saying about the sky kick and covering is what's happening for sure 100%. Gamble has enough leg to boot the ball to the red stick on Southern's Campus at the bluff, and he was kicking it to the 5 yard line. Same thing Domengue and his kick out of bounds, he wouldn't kick it out of bounds if Peveto wasn't telling him to sky ball it into the corner between the 5 and the pylon.

So for the ugly Bradley Dale Peveto needs to be added as does Kevin Steele. Both of these clowns need to join a fucking circus and get off the LSU payroll.

furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

On the money, as always Red. I agree about the purple jerseys!
    Regarding the passing game, Les said after the game last night something to the effect that the starting WR's should not take it (starting) for granted. IMO, Dural should be benched -- I don't what's going on with him. At this point, let's see what Chark, Quinn, and others can do.

4. LaSalleAve

furduknfish and Richdog like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont get how Harris is in the ugly and WR's are not.. I mean, on one had you say there are 5 drops. that is 9/15. = 60%. Thats all we need as it was two costly TD's. If 9/15 is ugly, then our passing game is a dumpster fire.

Play calling is ridiculous. Not every pass play has to be 20+ yards.

Special teams freaking BLOW.

2nd string Dline/LB's stink.

Coaching blew

list goes on.

tzanghi and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. dudley

dudley oops!

UGLY
    3. Bad scheduling! Too Many exhibition games
    4. Bad coaching...everywhere!

HalloweenRun and Richdog like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Logically, this has been happening almost every year minus Mett.

It doesn't matter who is the QB anymore.

mctiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh and who all caught us going into half time with multiple time outs?

Kicked a FG because we ran out of time......

9. LaSalleAve

Go look at those play calls again where Harris throws deep. There are other receivers, Harris is choosing to throw deep, it's not like the coaches are telling him to only throw deep or only giving him the deep option.

lsu-i-like and Winston1 like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They clearly aren't telling him to stop.....