Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Arkansas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 15, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

THE GOOD
    1. Dupre had a hell of a night with 8 receptions for 109 yards and a TD. He made about four amazing catches and appeared to be the only player on the team that was working hard.
    2. The weather was really nice.

THE BAD
    1. Defense was uncoordinated and baffled. We are supposed to have a coordinator there.
    2. Offense was uncoordinated and clumsy. We are supposed to have a coordinator there.
    3. Special teams was uncoordinated and just lousy as usual. We are supposed to have a coordinator there. We need to find someone who can kickoff.
    4. The offensive line mailed it in for a second week. They let Harris get sacked five times by a team that has only had 8 sacks all year. They did not open holes for Fournette.
    5. The defensive line just got pushed around by the Arkansas offensive line.
    6. Arkansas only had to punt twice.
    7. Fournette will not be winning a Heisman this year. Not entirely his fault, but the drop-off is significant.
    8. Harris is still inconsistent and took almost the entire first half to get going. he improved his completion percentage, but his yards came late and did not produce enough TD drives. He fails to locate open receivers. He had a costly fumble and an interception.
    9. Arkansas was hungry, LSU was not.
    10. Our lack of depth on the O-line, the D-line and linebacker showed badly. Out of gas in the 4th.

THE UGLY
    1. Defense gave up three long touchdowns for the same old reason. Breakdowns with DB's out of place and taking poor angles to the runner. Adams and Jefferson just whiffed on some tackles.
    2. Two weeks in a row now, LSU came out unprepared, uninspired, flat, and took almost a half to get untracked and score. We are supposed to have a head coach that has the team ready to play. Les knows it and took the blame after the game.
    3. Penalties. Again. Almost every drive that was working got hammered by a stupid penalty that stopped the drive.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Apparently a dam good thing I didn't watch the Arkansas game. Nope, not letting Miles Madness ruin my weekend again after Bama Beatdown.

3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think you nailed it. Good call on the weather. It almost seems like we "quit." I don't think we win either of the next two.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Thanks Red. Good as usual.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

spoiled players look to momma miles for consoling after the mean ole coordinator hurt their feeling for yelling at them. And instead of being on a united front, momma miles gives them a hug and a pat on the head and tells them everything's gonna be alright. That kind of shit isn't good for a team trying to compete for championships.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Someone told me there was a shot of Miles talking to Harris on the sideline after a boo boo. Said Miles was with hand turned up and both gazing at one another with blank looks. Coaching at it's best. Said Les looked SO unassertive and puzzled it's a wonder there's a cluster fuck on the field.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

The "worst" part, Texas Tech beat Arkansas.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I saw it, I thought they were discussing color coordination if given the chance to remodel inside TS.

LSUTiga and HalloweenRun like this.
  9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Toledo beat Arkansas!

GregLSU likes this.
  10. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I posted about it as soon as I saw it. He looked as confused as anyone I've ever seen. Camera stayed on him for about 5 seconds. Deer in headlights.