Good, bad and ugly vs La Tech

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 22, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

GOOD
    We won. Worked on running game; CEH needs experience. We were able to pull away when needed.

BAD
    LSU/LATech
    Total offense: 99/94
    Pass O: 102/72
    Rush O: 86/91
    1st Downs: 98/93

Very disappointed in the E offense so far. I feel like Sullivan has helped, but our receivers are still pretty inept. QB performance is improved, but there is a long way to go. We ran the ball, ala Miles, because the pass game is so bad we couldn’t afford to work on it and put the game further in doubt. Fielding the #100 offense does not match Orgeron’s campaign promises.

Total Defense: 41/3
    Pass D: 69/5
    Rush D: 26/27
    Sacks: 13/33

DBU got torched. Not exactly lighting it up on defense, not overly impressed with the $2.5M man.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LATECH isn’t SEC. Oogly win. Not what I was hoping to see.

Aranda was supposed to have all his pieces this year, not impressed with the full installation of our D so far.

This team came out and ran through the motions for Eaux. I thought he was a great motivator.

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUDieHard like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The Good

E's offense. Great play calling exploited Tech's run defense. Great mix of plays. Used TE cause Tech gave us that play which E our great OC exploited. CEH. Jeaux was on target most of the night. Once again E called a great game should be given a raise. Great play calling. E didn't go pass happy but rather managed the game running the clock further developing the run game and denying a really good football team more time. Oeaux continues to defy the "living room experts" low uneducated non football minds expectations of him which gives me great pleasure.

The Bad

WR dropping the ball, DB getting beat too often and poor tackling. Injuries and poor execution that affected E's great great great play calling. 21 unanswered points Aranda and company need to clean up some things and I belive he will. People who are already questioning Aranda's worth despite being 4-0 and # 6.

The Ugly

Really horrible fans who think they know football but absolutely don't. Fans who are ready to fire coaches because we were played hard by a motivated really good unbeaten well coached football team. Pompous ignorant fans who are perpetually disapointed. Really ignorant fans that can ruin a football program by keeping the hotseat narrative alive driving recruits away despite being 4-0. Fans that if they were Oklahoma, Va Tech or Moo U fans would be calling for the coaches firing yesterday. Imperfect fans who think our team should be perfect despite an improbable 4-0 record. Fans who thinks we are superior to every team we play and should win by the score they have in their non football minds.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    six pack dan likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

watch more football watch less fans

LSU_4_LIFE and furduknfish like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Learn more about football watch less ESPN

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well said.