God #1 Family #2

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Aug 17, 2009.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If you can't get over your own ego and irrational attempt at rationality, there is your hang up. What is rational about life? Pure rationality in a Godless world is not rational.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, gobbledygook words are a good point and i will take it into consideration. lets see if i can produce a sufficiently meaningless response.

i think you in particular will appreciate the difficulty of nubbing together a regurgitative purwell and a superaminative wennel-sprocket. but this is a distinct advance on the standard nivelsheave in that no drammock oil is required after the phase detractors have remissed.

yunno, the early attempts to construct a sufficiently robust spiral decommutator failed largely because of lack of appreciation of the large quasi-pietic stresses in the gremlin studs; the latter were specially designed to hold the roffit bars to the spamshaft.

or maybe we should use language that has meaning? like this:

without evidence for god, there is no reason to believe.

1 person likes this.
  3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

My problem with this sort of topic is the problem religious people seem to have with those that are not religious. Why is it such a big deal for a person to not believe in God? Is that not one's own right? Is that not what free will is all about?

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

And you base this assumption on what?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

then you will have no problem forgiving me.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It isn't that outlandish, and is in fact reasonable. Most people can't have the assurance of things not seen.

I just hope one day He shows up to you. :thumb:

Some of them have probably had encounters with spirits. We are spirit beings. I haven't personally had encounters with evil spirits but I know those who have. It's just a matter of time.

Of course my personal experience is not scientific proof, M. Never said it was.

7. LSUDeek

I've been on here for almost 6 years. There was a time in which forgiveness would be necessary but that has long since passed.:hihi: I have since come to realize that this is an internet message board.

8. LSUDeek

In the assurance of the Lord and his Savior, it greatly distresses believers to think there are people out there who reject the freely given gift of salvation.

Proselytization can occur in many different ways. There are those who are more zealous than others, but I find that mature believers in His walk usually say that they get much more feedback looking at how they live rather than from preaching.

9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I've always been curious about this mindset. I don't mean to group you in with anyone else but most of the people that I have had this conversation with use science as an explanation for the lack of God's existence. Their outlook kind of ties in to your last question. They put all this emphasis on knowledge and fully understanding what everything is and does...but when it comes to us, it's more convenient to just not care or not believe in anything. I don't really get how you can be so interested in complete understanding and then turn around and overlook mankind's purpose on earth. It just seems incredibly convenient and lazy to just say I don't believe in anything.

I don't pretend to have tangible proof that God exists and I don't necessarily buy that all of these archeological findings are legit because you can make anything look legit on TV. However, I do know without a shadow of a doubt that God exists and the Bible lays out pretty clearly what is expected of us. There are things that have happened in my life that have worked out to be more convenient in the grand scheme of things than any possible string of what you would chalk up to luck or coincidences. I would liken it to what I have heard about falling in love...you just know. If that makes me crazy, so be it.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

As a 3rd grader my sisters and I were railroaded into Catholicism by well meaning people.
    I'd sit through "Catechism" classes and the nuns (this was public school) would ask: "Where did God come from?" And we would reply like little robots "God - Always - Was". Then the nuns would ask "When will God die?". And we would chant "God - will - always - be".
    If you had the temerity to raise your little hand and ask "Wait? That doesn't make any sense?", you would get it rapped on the knuckles with a ruler.

Somehow that affected me and I never liked going to church.