God #1 Family #2

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Aug 17, 2009.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, i am glad we are past that and you understand. back to what we were discussing.

the nietzsche quote

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." - Nietzsche

he means that when we cant accept the reality of things, the fact that there are lots of unknowns, we resort to faith. we dont want to accept truth.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true." - Mark Twain

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Were they celebrity voices? Who played the parts of Red and Martin in your mind?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

One was a bit squelchy , and the other had a bit a of a British accent.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

This is not even the stupidest topic on the first page of this forum.

The beauty of science is that it doesn't require faith; It in itself delivers proof or it's declared a theory until it's proven.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Thank you for proving my entire point of this debate. Some keep asking for scientific proof of God and religion, when science has yet to prove otherwise. It has only developed theories. Theories that I do believe to have credibility, but still theories none the less.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I never asked for scientific proof.

But I will settle for proof with evidence.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

it isnt just god and religion that require evidence. everything requires it. or else we would just go around believing random things.

eveyrone requires evidence to believe virtually everything. excpe treligion, for that they put their critical thinking aside and let the nonsense flow right in.

this is my only real point, all these hundreds of posts: we should treat religion like everything alse, not some sacred thing that is beyond question and mocking. everyone is a complete coward when it comes to religion. ordinarly if someone thinks something stupid, everyone hammers him, calls him ignorant, wonders why he is so stupid. but not religion, we wouldnt dare be critical of that. oh no we cant call a man an idiot if he believes in that.

and we go really far, we even are specific with which ghosts we are allowed to taunt. believe in little green poltergeists? you are an idiot. believe in a holy magic carpenter dude, you are wonderful and we can all hold hands. we could never criticize something so special and personal as the currently popular myths. that is the lie.

if you are a christian, you are 100% equivalent to every other cultist or lunatic myth-follower in history. when you see the bumpkin on tv talking about alien abduction, and you laugh, that is you you are laughing at.

8. LEGACY TIGER

There is plenty of evidence of God, all around you. The problem is you let you personal lack of evidence cloud your vision. Just open your eyes.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

If this is the point you've been trying to prove, you suck at proving points even more than you suck at sarcasm.

10. LEGACY TIGER

I must, or you're the only one intelligent enough to be able to finally get it after having posted it at least 10 times between 2 threads.